2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info, or know where i can locate some, on Aquasport boats? I am looking at an 88 Aquasport 25 foot center console that has been sitting for 7 years. Definetly a project boat, boat needs work. Trailer is shot motor (87 225 Evinrude) hasn't been ran in 4 years. Looking to see what the boat would sell for running. Already looked at boat trader and couldn't find anything comparible. Also if anyone has any comments on Aquasport boats would love to hear them. Hull is sound, no soft spots. thanks

Earl

·
Registered
16,940 Posts
I had a 25' with a cuddy cabin be sure and check the transom real good that is the reason I got rid of mine got $1800 trade in for it. Transom felt solid but wasn't had lots of rotted wood on the inside.Also had a water leak we never did find. It would leak enough that the cabin would have water in it over night if we left it in the water.

·
Registered
10,106 Posts
I have the same boat with a 97 yami 250 and I like it. Mine is a 28' though but it is exactly the same design. It rides nice but it can be wet with a cross wind and 3' seas like any cc design I guess. I get more wet when coming down hill though. I got a new trailer for mine when I bought the boat. Hull on it is solid just a few soft spots on the deck but they are not real bad, you dont notice them unless you look for them. I sanded and repainted the deck and put in an extra bilge and batteries and that is it. It had been sitting for 2 years when I got it and it started right up on the first crank. I know that is more engine than anything else. I got it from a friend for $6000, actually paid him $5000 and in the end with a little trailer incident I ended up paying $2500 out of pocket. I bought the trailer in florida new for $2500/tax included and within 10 min of getting it home the neighbor backed in to it and totaled it. Insurance paid me $5200 for it because that is what they cost in Texas. I drove right back out to Tampa and got another one for $2100 because they did not charge me for tax the second time and I used my plates from the first totalled trailer. Anyhow, I like the aquasport.

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**** the luck! i talked with a guy in Maine i met through the Hull truth that has the same boat and has had excellent luck with it so i am working with the present owner on price.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,315 Posts
Catfish,
I know you have been wanting a boat and it wouldn't be too long before you get one.

Looks like we are going fishing Saturday out of Matagorda and I was wondering if you and Jake might want to go.

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
let me sweet talk my wife, i have been laid up sick for two days now. yeah the boat is sitting in the weeds down by the river lot. i am waiting on a call back from the owner now. definetly a project, probably won't float this year unless a miracle happens. assuming i do buy it.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,315 Posts
Matagorda, leave Sweeny about 500 and 30, 40, 50, ? miles, a little trolling out to A20-A area. then maybe some bottom fishing depending on how things are going. Or then I might look at the map and decide to try somewhere else. Then again there there are a few wrecks I noticed on the map I would like to check out so I am not really sure what we will fish.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,315 Posts
Just me and dad. You are the first person on the list I am asking. Once I get an answer from you. If you don't want to go I will then see about asking someone else.

If you don't go I was wondering if I could use your camera cause I still haven't scraped up the money to get one.

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man, i got to bail. Jamie's wedding reception is Saturday. I just talked to Rebecca and she reminded me. You can use the camera though either come by tonight or tommorow.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,315 Posts
I didn't even knwo Jamie was getting married. (But then again I ahve been out of the loop) I will just go to the next person on my list. I will stop by and pick up your camera most likely tom. after I have lunch at Hooters.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.