2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....we got hit Hard last week..
Couldnt prove anything till tonight
The Yotes got my Guard geese & I/we didnt hear a thing..
I found what was left & they picked em clean..
If you live by a ditch/wooded area..keep your pets inside as much as you can.. A client of ours had her Dachsund ripped to bits by a few Yotes that have been running the Bayou in tallowwood last night & several sightings to the sherrifs office confirmed the reports.

Oxx...

·
Registered
416 Posts
A pack of 'em just wandered down my back fence not 10 minutes ago, yelping & howling for about 5 minutes & poof, gone as soon as I opened the back door. My house backs up to about 200 yards of woods / field before Westheimer / Westpark tollway in Katy.

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
Well....we got hit Hard last week..
Couldnt prove anything till tonight
The Yotes got my Guard geese & I/we didnt hear a thing..
I found what was left & they picked em clean..
If you live by a ditch/wooded area..keep your pets inside as much as you can.. A client of ours had her Dachsund ripped to bits by a few Yotes that have been running the Bayou in tallowwood last night & several sightings to the sherrifs office confirmed the reports.

Oxx...
It was probably that crazy arse **** of yours...

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
this isn't pertinent to our area, but I travel to Waco, via hwy 6 several times a month and this past wkend I saw 5 coyotes dead in the road. NOt to mention I saw one cross the road that was the size of a wolf, HUGE. Any explanation for the recent sightings? they seem more prevalent as of late.

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
getting thick

Wasn't a problem 20 years ago. You just shot your gun.
Now shooting is acceptable. Someone will make a phone call.
So we're over run. I trapped back in the 80's. There were no coyote's for miles. Now they are running out of the subdivisions w. kitty's in their mouths at night.

Hey Ox.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
Wasn't a problem 20 years ago. You just shot your gun.
Now shooting is acceptable. Someone will make a phone call.
So we're over run. I trapped back in the 80's. There were no coyote's for miles. Now they are running out of the subdivisions w. kitty's in their mouths at night.

Hey Ox.
If it is Acceptable blast them goober! :rotfl: I know what you meant INCster!!!! I thought Ox was the ultimate hunter who feared nothing... I think a stray whipped those sissy geese he had!

WT,, the **** whippng Ox and he didn't take kindly to it! :slimer:

Where was the dang smiling ars dog of your OX????

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
I see them almost everyday early in the morning when i go for my run at 5.10am,i see them at HWY6 and Voss also 1464 and Airport,s aw two huge bobcats Monday morning on 1464 and old Richmond.They were just across the street from and i was on my way back and tired...thinking 'i hope they ate already?'

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still dove hunt outta my Back pasture & Now Im gonna be Yote hunting there also, Unless Johnny Q wants to camp out..:biggrin:
if I could use Leghold traps I would But, I dont wanna hurt other urban wildlife

·
Master of Boats
1,432 Posts
Our place out by Barksdale has never seen them, but this year we have killed seven. The contract trapper is out for them, with M44's and snares. Except for one big male, all have been young, split between males and females. They are not yet educated, but will catch on quick. As long as no one shoots and misses, I hope our streak continues.

They sure can make a herd of exotics and WT nervous, if you watch the critters from afar, like around a feeder, you can tell something has them afraid to be out in the open.

·
915 Posts
I live on 5 ac. off Cypress Creek and Eldridge.
We had problems as well, to say the least.
I didn't want to poison my dog or someone elses that's walking the trails (if I put it outside our fence) or other wildlife.
So we got two of these:

Not the Lab, haha.
Already had him.

And one of these:

Problem solved, immediately.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts