2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to take my Dad out this Sunday and have heard both good/bad things about both 18th St. & Pine Gully. Dad is in his eighties and finds it easier to fish from a pier rather than more remote places or go wading. Also likes a place that has good restroom facilities, as again, he's in his eighties.

Found a great pier in Palacios a few weeks ago, but wanted to give these areas a try. Anyone been out there recently, worth heading that direction? How are the "facilities"

We'd probably get out there just after first light & stay all day. Assume there's some bait shops downn there with fresh bait, didn't find too much in Palacios.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
18th was going to sell bait both dead and live, only been there once after the partial reabuild , use to fish there all the time i am in the same boat as far as age etc.
(nice place), they charge but its not bad

pine gully, go but getthe dead bait at fiesta (cheeper) as there are no bait stands unless you go to clear lake area, its a very nice place with nice facilities (bathrooms), donations

we go to both but pm me for so also nice paces.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Co-worker of mine went to pine gully a month ago and caught a drum, a flounder and a few sandies. He said it was crowded on the Sat. he went but that it was a nice place. He said alot of people had way too many rods out on the pier taking up lots of room. Go to seawolf park during the week.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
18th St. Pier is nice following the rebuild and has nice restrooms on the bottom floor. Pier isn't as long as before Ike but still good length. Can't say what you'll catch but may find sandies/gulf trout this time of year with possibly a speck or two.
They also generally have dead shrimp upstairs and you're only a mile or so from Eagle Point for live bait. If you go early just make the run to Eagle Point as there's no one there at daybreak.
Upstairs is restaurant/bar with some pretty good burgers and frys and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts