2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the Rant but My wife and Daughter applied for their passports April 6th in anticipation of a trip to Mexico on vacation next week and Europe on a buisness trip with me directly afterwards. It's been 17 weeks and no passports and no effort to get them expedidted through the agency. I've called and all I get is the wait and see approach. To make things worst my Nephew got his in 3 weeks unexpedited. Here's a hint His mother's maiden name is Gonzales. I was fine until this happened. Whether that has anything to do with it or not This is Freaking ridiculaous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

So my advice if you apply expedite otherwise you'll just have to hope and pray....

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Yup, been there.

Did you speak with a representative when you called? Tell them your vacation is a week away. Your passport should get expedited with that conversation. My wife's did.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I heard that they are extending the deadline for passport travel to Mexico because of the long wait. I think you can still use a birth certificate and Drivers license

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
My wife's cousin applied for her passport the first part of January this year. She was going to Europe in June with her church group. She lost all the money she put down on the trip, because to this day she has still not received her passport. And she was expediting them like crazy, and no one could ever give her a straight answer.

·
Mid-Life Crisis in the Works
1,306 Posts
Sorry to read about your problem. I know it is of no help but here are many people in your same shoes according to the newspaper and tv. What a shame to implement a new policy and not beef up the support staff.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've told them about the urgency they say they've put in an e-mail request to expedite but that they wouldn't know for 3-5 days when I called today day 3 their computer system is down. They did however offer to set me up with an appointment at a regional office if nothing happens by the 9th of August 1 day before the trip. Here's the kicker They can't guarentee it's in houston because of the load so I may have to fly to New Orleans, Denver or Baltimore to meet with a rep. Ho9w's that for good ole customer service. Also we applied in houston and they are processing them in New freaking Hampshire. Goverment efficency at it's best

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not so much worried about the trips as I am about the general failure of the goverment to do yet another job correctly

·
No Hero pictures don't need them.
954 Posts
I think you can still use a birth certificate and Drivers license

I am in the same boat. I sent mine of April 13 and have not recived it yet. Can't use the birth certificate it was sent off with passport application. I will on the phone tomorrow trying to get it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Try to be patient.
We ordered ours a year early, i had a feeling it would end up chaotic.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
When I needed one within 2 weeks back in May for a business trip to Canada, I made an appointment at the Houston office. Appointment was at 10am - got there about 9:30am since the appointment info said NOT to arrive more than 15 minutes early. When I got there, the security said they don't use the appointment system so I must wait in line. At 3:00pm, I finally got inside the building and I was in the last group that would be allowed to get a passport that day. So 5 1/2 hrs just to get in the building. It was 4:45pm when I finally handed my stuff to the agent and 10 minutes later, I have a Will Call appointment to pick my passport up the next day at 10am. The will call pick up only took about 15 minutes.

What sucked for a lot of the people in the line was that they had already sent their info in by mail but still had to wait with everyone else to get to an agent to find out the status of their passport.

Just another example of a panic reaction to a problem by the lawmakers - kind of like the panic reaction congress had after Enron with the Sarbanes Oxley law.

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
You need proof of application for a passport to reneter from Mexico or Canada, not sure about Europe, but since it's our policy, not theirs, I suspect it's the same regardless of what country. If you have your application receipt, you're good to go. Have fun.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mexico yes Europe etc.... no So I just got off the phone with District 8 Congressman Kevin Brady's office and they assured me they would work to get it done. I'll keep ya posted

·
laid up here in a country state of mind
530 Posts
I guess I got lucky. In march I got mine in 1 day, only waited in line about 45 minutes. Picked it up the next morning. I did have to show proof of my travel plans. I also got my visa to visit Brazil in 3 days. I guess it has really gotten worse in a few months.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Got mine...

Monty received mine yesterday in the mail and I wasn't expecting it until Oct. I applied the first part of June so I would say about 2months for me. I'm happy but sorry for your woes........Stacy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts