2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 Mile Road - Arrived at West Bay Bait & Tackle at 5:40 am and bought some shrimp for a day of catching! It just didn't turn out the way we expected. Buddy threw live shrimp while I threw a silver spoon, gold spoon, 3 different mirrolures, berkley gulps and several other soft plastics. Buddy caught 2 trout right at 14 & 3/4 inches, released. I caught 1 whiting that was 5 maybe 6 inches in length on a 3/4 ounce silver spoon! Lip hooked, not snagged! I also had a 12" spanish mackerel. People everywhere as far as the eye could see. Nice water, light winds and plenty of bait, just no hungry fish. Things working against us, full moon & 2 tides days equalled trouble. I should have known better.

Water tower - Took a drive from the water tower to the pass to see if anyone was "catching". We did not see one person with a bent rod so we decided to leave. There was some eye candy on the beach though, so it wasn't a complete waste of time!

I did find out later that I lost my drivers licence, fishing licence, CCA STAR card, other membership cards (AAA, DU, NRA etc) and a trusty old pocket knife. I usually put all these items in a zippered bag to keep them together and safe. Well, I must have put it on top of my Tahoe when I was loading the rods at 4:30 am and drove off from my place with it still on top. I retraced my path later to no avail. Talk about a drag. I am going to give it a few days to see if someone will return it. I still believe there are honest people out there. There were no credit cards or cash.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hopefully someone will do the right thing and return the items. FYI...as near as I can figure, the items were lost somewhere between Pebblebrook Condominiums and Nasa Road 1 (via Repsdorph Road) early Saturday morning (4:30 ish) on the 10th of June. I will give a cash reward to anyone that can get my items back to me.

Regards,

Silverspoon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts