2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Wth do men like the basic fisherman need a 16/0...is it a penn then its a buy. Did you know the penn 16/0 seniter made a staring role on Jaws as head reel and id say it could have caught that shark in reel life. LoL

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
fabian31268 said:
ill rewatch jawsbut i think it was a 14/0 he used
It was a 16/0.

There is not many parts difference between a 14/0 and a 16/0. The right sideplate has a different marking(strength is identical). While the frame, spool, & frame posts are 1 inch wider on a 16/0. All the other parts are identical.

When jaws came out, the Penn 16/0 was the biggest reel Penn made and Penn was the most common brand of large reel on the market.
Other people/companies have made larger reels, but they weren't as well know as Penn in the early 70s.

Back then, everyone thought the Penn 16/0 was the baddest of the bad as far as reels were concerned. I wonder what they would have said about Zane Gray's 20/0 Kovalovsky

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Anybody that wants a 16/0 , PM me and we'll discuss it. It'll come attached to a unlimited class rod and It'll cost less than 600.00

It does not have line on it and I'd rate the combo a 7 on the 1-10 scale.

It's in good enough shape to fish tommorow if you spool it up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
gundoctor said:
It was a 16/0.

There is not many parts difference between a 14/0 and a 16/0. The right sideplate has a different marking(strength is identical). While the frame, spool, & frame posts are 1 inch wider on a 16/0. All the other parts are identical.

When jaws came out, the Penn 16/0 was the biggest reel Penn made and Penn was the most common brand of large reel on the market.
Other people/companies have made larger reels, but they weren't as well know as Penn in the early 70s.

Back then, everyone thought the Penn 16/0 was the baddest of the bad as far as reels were concerned. I wonder what they would have said about Zane Gray's 20/0 Kovalovsky
http://www.antiquefishingreels.com/i_galleryReels.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts