2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to repower my twin c.r.130 carbureted yami's to 05' c.r. 140 4-str. zukis.

can get 04' 150 hpdi's for the same price, but ............yamis are motors and props only.

zukis are motors , props, dual binnacle, guages , wire harness.....plus extra year warranty...........same $$$$$$$$

seems like zuki's a no brainer to me, any thoughts?

·
Banned
723 Posts
I ran 2 and four stroke Yams the past 3 boats, My 04 31 Stamas has DF250 Suzys with over 400 hundred hours, Best outboards I have ever owned so far(Knocking on wood) Couple of buddys n have 140 suzys on bay boats and are thrilled. Big lower units,big props/ big performance. Calm Seas.. Capt Scott www.circleh.org

·
Registered
22 Posts
2 new 140 Sukis in March on the Sea Cat. I love them. They have been 80 miles out on a 36 hour run. Never any problems. Great service in POC too!!

-----kyle

·
Registered
22 Posts
2 new 140 Sukis in March on the Sea Cat. I love them. They have been 80 miles out on a 36 hour run. Never any problems. Great service in POC too!!

-----kyle

·
Registered
678 Posts
we had 115's

we had a problem with an neutral safety switch on the motor that had us come home on one motor 80 miles out. uck!!! they have a switch on the throttles and on the motor. the fix, from the dealer, was to bend the bracket so that the switch makes better contact. what the!!! other than that had another problem, but linked that to the people that rigged the boat. the machanic at 200 hours said the bottom plug had fouled out, he said he's seen it before. dont have them or the boat anymore, but i was happy with them. gonna try yamaha now.

bone

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
470 Posts
We put the 140 Suzi on our new Flats Cat. Only have about 60 hours on it, so it's still early, but so far absolutely no complaints. It's nice to be able to have a conversation on the boat while cruising, without hollering back and forth. Not to mention 5mpg and we don't have to buy oil anymore. Don't forget to add that in to the operating costs on the Yami.

Tsip

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
I got a quote on some suzukis and found them to be no cheaper what so ever than yamis or hondas. What kind of quotes did you get?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Suzuki

Coastal,

Brother is running a 140 4 stroke on his Haney for ~ 2 years. 4 weekends out of 5, pretty much wide open, no problems. I have two 115's on my cat. No problems yet at ~ 50-60 hours. The quite part is amazing. I find myself checking before I start them to make sure they are not already running.

Don't know what is driving your timing, but you might wait until Jan 1 if you can. Susuki has included 3 extra years of warranty on the standard 3 if you purchase them in the 1st quarter. They will not announce this until Jan 1 for obvious reasons. They have done this for the last 4 years at least. Probably about a $1500-2000 warranty.

SSNJOHN

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
140 prices

Most of these dealers are about $8500 a motor for 25" shafts. w/ props.

Tran......... Palacios, TX
Busha.........Bay City,TX

sales tax % 6.25 about a grand

titles $70.00

throw in rigging, harness, dual binnacles, control cables and guages and you have it............... $ 19,000.00 a pair drive out

now for the trade in motors value ????????????????????????

f.y.i...............yamaha is dumping 150hp '04 hpdi's right now , but i'm going for fuel economy and outright longevity.

i used to be in the boat business , so i'm pretty savvy to all the hidden expenses.

remember, your gonna have to live with your boat dealer for repairs, so if you beat em up to bad at the start, realize who really holds the cards.........

i checked on Hondas the best price is in Marble Falls, TX at Tropical Marine
or Islander , can't remember , no svc. around here , so not an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts