2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dis Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine from Aransas Pass called me 30 minutes ago with a report of a 14 pound trout being caught off the jettys at Port A. Can anybody out there confirm or has anyone heard a similar report?

·
Dis Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More on the 14 pounder

I know 14 pounds is a stretch but my bud is a guide with a pretty good grapevine. He is credible (when sober - and he was) but he even had a name to go with the report (a Port A. local who we know and has fished there for years). As best I recall, if true, this would be a state record. Still looking for some confirmation. That 14 pounds would be twice the weight of my best fish. Might not pan out, but can you imagine......

·
Dis Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big trout?

Sight Cast,
No he didn't. I was at work when he first called and didn't have the opportunity to ask many questions. That is one reason I am looking for some verification. Just seems too big to be true. Called my buddy back just now to check on where it might have been weighed and got his voicemail.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
This Calls For Serious Follow-up and Confirmation From Someone...

Keep us informed of any new late breaking developments. Port A is a very likely place for something like this to happen. The place is a creature mall! LOL! CF?.

·
Dis Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still Waitin for Confirmation

Sight Cast,
Got a couple calls in to Port A. and still waiting to hear something concrete. If you know the locals you likely know of the Belcher (sp?) brothers. My report said it was one of 'em who did the catching.....

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Hey Capt Black

If this story is true, we need to regroup on our planned length and weight of what we will keep, and what we will let go this weekend ...LOL... I know you will use your internal fish feeding sensor, and your psychic skills to pinpoint where that last big girl with the droopy belly will be hangin' out... You just get me close my honorable captian, and I'll fetch her up....... LMAO... See ya Saturday Aubrey.......

PS: What, or who, are we gonna sacrifice to the wind gods... Shall I bring Rosie's cat ??? LMAO

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I Belched Sputum One Time On The Dance Floor,,,,

but I don't know the brothers. Photos will assist the story. Waist, this is serious bidness. I was supposed to catch that trout. Been having too many dreams of having to shoot it with a .22 pistol before tugging it to the landing net! If somebody else won her heart, then so be it. Did she have bigger H00"$rs than BadHabit? I bet it was caught it on a Croaker! LOL! CF?

·
Dis Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still Waiting

Well, I am still waiting to hear. Seems like news of a fat girl of these mythical proportions would be spreading like wild fire and should be getting some additional press after the three hours we have been waiting to get some verification. I sure don't care to spread rumors but this IS A FISHING board (among other things). And I won't tell you it was caught with a STIX, this is not a contest entry.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
hey sightcast

where on the harbor? Ill be down in Port A for the month of July at Clines Landing. Oh and the other thing Ill bet it was Lloyd fishing a perch on a lemon rig ....................................later,Dave

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
lol

Trouthunter said:
LOL! Yea. I'm still working on getting a 10# Trout and once I get that one, in this life or in the next, then I'll think about something larger, lol.

TH
I'm aiming way higher........but trust me, I'll settle.........lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.