2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a couple buddies out and 2 young boys. Started fishing the jetties which have been super slow lately. After throwing artificial for a couple hours, we decided to run out for some king's. The water just never cleared up at all, but on the way out there was a shrimpboat just drifting, so we eased up a 5 ling decided to show their faces. We caught all 5 , with 2 keepers. I hooked the bigger fish and handed the rod to the 13 yr old.....**** did it tire him out, lol. I had to hold him by his life jacket the whole fight, but we got her to the gaff.
Water Cloud Sky Smile Shorts
Water Sky Cloud Shorts Boat
Water Sky Cloud Shorts Boat
Water Vertebrate Azure Sky Boat
Water Azure Fluid Coastal and oceanic landforms Wind wave

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Team Reef Monkey
171 Posts
Took a couple buddies out and 2 young boys. Started fishing the jetties which have been super slow lately. After throwing artificial for a couple hours, we decided to run out for some king's. The water just never cleared up at all, but on the way out there was a shrimpboat just drifting, so we eased up a 5 ling decided to show their faces. We caught all 5 , with 2 keepers. I hooked the bigger fish and handed the rod to the 13 yr old.....**** did it tire him out, lol. I had to hold him by his life jacket the whole fight, but we got her to the gaff. View attachment 4618911 View attachment 4618912 View attachment 4618913 View attachment 4618914 View attachment 4618915

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Nice work Captain!! That youngster will never forget that day. You may have created another life long fisherman... (y)🍻

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow, my now 27 yr old caught his first Ling about the same age, hit a Snapper Slapper on the way down out of S. Padre - he was stoked. That is a fine fish and an awesome haul. Never seen those Lings be so eager to eat!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts