2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the only thing I have that needs power is my Cuda (Lowrance) 250. I didn't want to buy a battery AND a charger to keep things running. I purchased a Black and Decker "Start It" 9amp/hour battery jumper. Gunna rig the fish finder/gps to the cig lighter socket. Anyone think this is just a BAD idea? I thought it was pretty good. They say you can get 10 hours on the GPS with just 8 AA batteries. Figured I could get a bit more with the starter unit. Do you guys think this was a good idea or not?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I dunno, but..

Cigarette lighter sockets usually last about 8 or 10 trips in saltwater! LOL

Later
R3F

·
Hardheads beware !!!
182 Posts
i use a small 15 amp hour battery ...one for my bilge pump......and one for my live well...works great and just take em out at night and recharge for the next day......these are sealed batterys that are used in jumper starter........about $40 and usaully last about a year or two..........

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
If you mean to the cig outlet power wire it will be ok. I would also run a separate in line fuse from there to your electronic unit.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red3Fish said:
Cigarette lighter sockets usually last about 8 or 10 trips in saltwater! LOL

Later
R3F
What if I coat it with Dielectric grease? Or is there something else that would help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts