2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Say "when"
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt want to hijack the earlier thread, or to diminish the importance of those sentiments and remembrances about this day. But to me 9/11/01 was a much worse day than 12/7/41. At least on 12/7/41 we knew who attacked us and why....and they used war planes from their war ships against our war ships....and (belatedly) declared war on us and delivered the declaration to our government. But 9/11/01....remember that day?....I still can't believe it really, can you?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
What I cannot believe is how soon people let the government forget the loss. I cannot believe how the rules of engagement are so dimished that our troops are jeprodizes in there efforts to combat out enemy. Let the forces exercise there skills and bring some justice and victory to this delima.

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,035 Posts
9/11 is more immediate to more people living today simply because it is more recent. Although more civilians died on 9/11 at the hands of terrorists versus a foreign military at Pearl Harbor, I don't see how you can actually compare anything but the raw numbers. Both events will be ingrained on our Nation's conscious as equally tragic.

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
9/11 is more immediate to more people living today simply because it is more recent. Although more civilians died on 9/11 at the hands of terrorists versus a foreign military at Pearl Harbor, I don't see how you can actually compare anything but the raw numbers. Both events will be ingrained on our Nation's conscious as equally tragic.
Agreed!! Perfect answer IMO.

·
Say "when"
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must admit I am unexperienced....

I have never been to visit:

1. The Pearl Harbor memorial there in Hawaii.
2. The Viet Nam Memorial (the black wall with names) in DC.
3. The Twin Trade Tower memorial site in NYC.

I think my emotions will be as follows:

1. Somber remembrance, gratitude and respect.
2. Tears, and I might even break down and go to my knees.
3. Sheer unadulterated anger. My hands will form fists.

(I have been to older historic sites....Little Big Horn battlefield, Gettysburg battlefield and those, even though long ago, still cause you to pause and think hard about things.)

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
100% agreed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.