2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with my partner "Plan B Dan " on the SS of E matty this morning... Biat was hard to find and the water was a chilly 49 when we hit our 1st spot...

Very slow start... Finally found bait and ginded.. Dan busted this pig on a pink fat boy on deeper mud. She went a frogs hair shy of 30" on my rod and 8.5-9 lbs. i am sure if we put her on the stick it would have gone 30".

We missed 4-5 bites each as it was tough staying our of the grass with the wind.

Caught a few reds with 1 pic.

Cheers

Attachments

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
That's a big ole' speck !!! Is that a suspending or topwater ???

·
Registered
776 Posts
Did your boy snag that trout where it is hooked in the pic (near the belly) or did he hook it in the mouth? Just wondering. Nice fish either way!

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He hooked in the mouth and it came un buttoned while trying to land it... lucky!! It made several log runs and would have come off for sure if it was hooke like that for the entire figh. we lost several other nice trout... The bite was soft and we were working the lures just on top if the grass so they were coming undone pretty ealisy.

He was lucky he fish was making a 180 when it got lose and re stuck n her belly. LOL

it was funny..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts