2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother was able to hook us up for an Oklahoma panhandle deer hunt last year with family friends. Textbook location...9000 acre bedding area (river bottom) surrounded off property by wheat fields. I scored on my best buck to date: 10pt, 147 B&C, 180 lb field dressed. Great MASS. Not Wide. I forgot to get the Taxidermy to age it. It was a great trip. We shot prairie dogs. Experienced a whole new style of hunting- "open plains with river bottoms". Saw several fence post rubs, one was broken in half. I am indebted to my brother, for sure! Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Glad you got to spend time with your brother, I'm very fortunate, my brother and I have been hunting together since we were kids, nice deer!

·
Rattle snake AL
1,789 Posts
He looks really good, heavy antlers, bet he is 4.5 yrs old. The mount looks great. Congrats

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Yeah man, that's what I'm talkin' about! Looks like a salty old buck for sure. Nice trophy. He got old out there in no man's land didn't he?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Capn wrote "Cool lookin buck. What was the spread measurement?"

Inside spread 14-1/2". Mass 35-1/4", beams 22-6/8" each. The taxidermist said the neck circumference one one of the largest he had seen. Typical Texas deer is 12-14" with a big one being 17". This buck had a 22" circumference. Not as big as Redfishr's muley, but still big.

·
WestTexasKid
477 Posts
Fantastic buck! you did well my friend! Ok is okay with me for huntin' big bucks. Caz is right-on about that species up there. Bigger seems to always be better in deer hunting. Congrats Rube-out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts