2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is that your S-10, spots and dots? I heard you had one that was a '94 modle like the in the add. just wonderin..........JJ

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like an ok deal at $3800 for it..... wouold you say that is reasonable S&D?,,,,,,,JJ

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Sounds good, but it depends on how it looks and runs. I had to put a new trailer under mine when I got it, but knew the original owner. Mine runs and idles great. The only things I've done to the motor are replaced the pull rope and put a new shifter cable on it. The trailer was $550 and the repairs ran about $100. I wouldn't sell mine for 3800. If I decide to sell it, I'd ask $4500, and come down a bit. I like having it, but don't ude it as much as I wish. It will take someone that really wants mine to buy it. Otherwise, I'll just enjoy having it.

My scooter is emaculate. The skeg isn't even dinged. It has no scratches to think of, and runs like a top. It ain't fast, but it's steady!

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ad says it runs 30 mph. thats almost speedin on water. LOL I have rarely gone WOT in my boat. mostly just fast enough to saty on plane....

I got a few questions about the S-10...

does handle well in normal chop?

would you take in 2'+ chop?

how much gear and people do you feel safe havin on board?

JJ

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
mine has a 25hp Yamaha with a scooter prop. I don't think it will run 30mph, and if it did, I don't think I'd run it that fast. I wish mine was a tad fast, but by the time I cut the corners and go the shallow route, I'm not too far behind the other boats in POC.

The boat is pretty good in chop, but you WILL get wet. I am not afraid to run in any "reasonable" condition. It just depends on how beat up you want to get.

As far as what the boat will hold.....Two grown guys are all these scooters want. I weigh about 200, and all my buddies are bigger. It handles two of us fine.

My Wife, Lab, and I went for a booze cruise over the 4th. I had a cooler of drinks and the 3 of us, and it got a little western crossing the wakes of all the other boats. I could get on plane, but it was TOO rough to hold plane going across the wakes. I shut down, and the wakes would go over the bow.

These scooters are not for everyone. You have to have an appreciation for what they are and respect that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
JettyJumper said:
...is that your S-10, spots and dots? I heard you had one that was a '94 modle like the in the add. just wonderin..........JJ
The boat in the trifty nickle is the same boat that was in the classifieds on here and I have already sold it...it did run 29.7 mph per garmin gps with me on it,in slight chop, and I weigh 225lbs, and you are correct in saying that they are not for everyone. It take some planning to turn...lol

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Yatter, not trying to call your bluff. GPS don't lie!
What prop did you have? I have a custom tuned 13 pitch. I've never had a GPS near my boat, but it don't seem to Haul ARse.

You're right about planning to turn.

The first time I ran mine, my buddy had a pucker factor of about 10 as I slid through Mule Slough. I even got a little puckery......they are fun once you get the slide figured out.

What did you get to replace your scooter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It had a 13 pitch 3 blade custom cupped for Mowdy by unknown sorce. I havent replaced it yet, but I am shopping as we speak. I am looking at pathfiners and a boat from portland marine called a nautic star(nautic bay) 2100 and the 1900 I dont know much about the boat,but they are built really well. I want to try the smooth and dry route this time....lol. I also fish baffin and wanted something to handle the post spring weather that blows in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts