2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a guy fishing Mosquito Is. caught a 33" 10#6oz. trout but wasn't entered in the STAR. Anyone else heard this or seen a picture?
That's a monster for the upper coast!

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
I think there are trout that big there but finding them is another issue. I caught a 7 pounder off mosquito that still serves as my personal best.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Something smells fishy..

First of all i would have found a camera. And why would he still have the body less the head and tail? I thought they only cleaned salmon like that. If he did manage a catch like that more power to him. I just find it hard to believe. And to have fished SaltH2o all his life, he should have known that it was a monster fish of a life time..

Kinda reminds me of when i caught a snook when i was 12. Wasn't sure what it was but it was 24" long. I didn't keep it because i thought i'd get in trouble for having a fish i wasn't suppose to. Later i found out what it was. That was the first and only one i've ever caught in south Texas.
--Hop

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, did some guy catch a 33", 10#6oz. trout at mosquito last weekend or not?

·
Back in da Saddle
10,153 Posts
Unemployed yet still has money to be online but not enter a 3 month long fishing tourney!!! Smell a rat ...I do ... don't get suckered ...somebody at 50/50 or Curls would have posted a picture somewhere!!!!!

John

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Not buying it either!!

I agree with jtburf, unemployed and still posting on the net??? but can't afford a star entry. Right now I am sitting in my office looking at two specks above my desk, 27" and 29". Both caught in 1975. I was poor then and kept them in the inlaws freezer until I could save the money to have them mounted.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Who measured and weighed it?

The guy was wadefishing, right? Your telling me he ws in the water, catches this monster sow, and then if by chance he IS carrying a measure/weight device with him, he's gonna fumble in the water to try and measure and weigh this thing and chance losing it? No, I don't think so. It's way too far fetched.
He didn't go to one of the bait camps to brag and show it off? Have his photo taken? (ALL the bait camps have cameras) And then he says he ate it?
This is a fishtale and a half. I'm not buying it either.
Ifit had been me, and I was THAT lucky, I'd have been parading that monster all up and down the dike and showing it off, and would have had my photo taken at ALL the baitcamps!! Then I'd have been on the phone with Vince Stiglich in a heartbeat. The proof would have been all over the place.

Kay:cool:

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Well, not quite sure how to respond

and still be nice. LOL... Not only did he "catch" a hugh trout, but the flounder he "caught" was just over the top. With luck like that, he should have stayed home and bought a lottery ticket.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know Kay, I caught and released a 29"-30" inch trout around Christmas time fishing early, alone in a cold blowing rain. I measured it on my rod best I could and released it.
Did I catch it, yes. Can I prove it, no.
Having said that, I'm having some doubt about this story.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts