2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out in Carancahua Lake Saturday morning. Man was it hot and humid. There wasn't a breath of wind and no movement in the water either. Did manage to pick up one 20.250" Red on Mullet. Left there and headed to Green's. Ran up in a favorite flat and finally found some fish. First one was a 17" Trout. 45 minutes later, after I gave 'em 5 more minutes before leaving, I land a 25" Red. Then looking around I notice a wrinkle on the mirror like finish water, off in the distance, and coming my way. Dig out the binocs to see it closer and sure nough, a school of reds working bait. They came close to the point I was fishing and I picked up another 25"er. But then they left, so I pulled up and chased them down with the trolling motor. Chunked an Exude Plastic right in the middle and 'WAM' a beautiful 22"er came to the boat. I reached for the camera, hoping for a closeup and the whole school broke and ran, oh well, I culled the little Red and kept my three along with the one trout. Pulled up and went drifting around the causeway, hoping for more trout but it wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Carancawa Lake

How hard is it to go up into the lake? Is it real shallow? And is there a trick as to how to get into the lake? Never been there but want to try.
thanks
Mullet

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting In

Yes, the entry is treacherous. Lots of oyster reefs and very shallow water. The lake is also shallow. Best way to learn is to troll or pole in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts