2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevron Station, corner of Highway 6 South and Old Richmond Road. That is down 3 cpg from this morning.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
That gas station can get pretty cut-throat when they are the cheapest around..people
trying to cut you off to get to the pump first..people not moving out of the way when
they are waiting for the next available pump and you are trying to get thru to exit onto
the street..haha Crazy people..haha (I live right down the street)

MEGABITE

·
Registered
68 Posts
Full me up!

It dropped to $2.35 here in Vegas, that is down .04 in two days!! Gas theft has gotten soo bad that you cannot use your credit card at the pump. You have to go inside, show your ID and tell them how much you want - you are not even allowed to just fill up. You cannot touch the pump until your card is authorized and you have signed the receipt!

Andy

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Makes ya wish you had a diesel, huh? ;) It was about $1.50/gal when I left town, and has gone down a couple cents since. Diesel here is $1.78, reg. unleaded $2.07.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Catn' - Yep, that's the one I bought my diesel at...best prices around. Diesel was at $1.50 there when I moved. The first three weeks they were open, they had gerat prices! $1.30 for diesel and $1.50 for unleaded.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
i dont feel so bad now. i filled up at the walmart in alvin for $1.67. that was with the 3 cents off for using the walmart card! i cant believe they have me getting so excited to pay $1.67 for gas and think im getting a good deal. the whole gas thing just makes me feel manipulated by politicians :mad:

i also need a new roof. i have had three roofers out giving me extimates. all of them were around $8,000! no way! i dont even have a big house. since i have to have all new decking, they say that is the majority of the cost for me right now, because most of our plywood is being sent over to iraq for their rebuilding. what we have left here is VERY expensive. the last roofer told me that if i dont have any leaks, i should just wait at least a year till things settle down over there and the prices of plywood come down. guess thats what ill do, but it really gets under my skin with this kind of stuff!

trudy

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Allicat

Did you contact Express Roofing and Home Services out of Alvin. If not give them a call. I use them all the time and they are good and reasonable. The owner is Robert Vasquez and his number is 281-331-6562. Tell him Steve from Tiki refered you. Plywood is expensive right now and won't start coming down to later this summer. Gater

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ya I took advantage of those prices while they had them.

I know the feeling alicat, I just replaced a bunch of sideing on my moms house and it cost me over $300 just for the timber.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yesterday, I went home, and my wife wanted me to take her out to an expensive place. So I took her to the gas station.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
This past Sat. Diamond Shamrock and Citgo on 242 just East of I-45 and the Woodlands were both selling regular for $1.77. I work at Bush Intercontinental and everywhere around here is still $1.89 so the $1.77 was a welcome sight. It seems a little strange that gas prices around town here vary so much. Back in Pittsburgh, everything was usually within 8 or 9 cents no matter what part of town you were in. Down here, it seems like it can vary up to 25 cents a gallon depending on what side of town you are on.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
That gas station plays the game alright. This is what makes me laugh...the Shamrock next door will be 1 cent per gallon higher and will be empty. And at Chevron, they are waiting in line....

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
WBHB - that was tooooo funny! :rotfl: :rotfl:

gater - i havent talked to them, but i sure will. thanks for the tip, ill tell steve you said he would give me a "special" deal LOL my neighbor has a sign in her yard right now that says vasquez roofing, i think they just finished up her house. so what else does the home services include? i am ALWAYS needing help with something around here!

trudy

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Tonto says..."gas down good"

In the last couple weeks, gasoline futures for July delivery have fallen $.30 to $1.20. Crude has fallen $5.00 in the same time.

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
Falling...

Wish they had fallen before we filled the boat on the water last Friday........$2.35/gal...OUCH!!!

At least it was only 161 gals and not a total fill.

Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts