2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to get a 1/8 electric buggy but not sure what to get. I've been looking at the hb ve8 buggy. Any have one of those. Any input would be great.

·
Beaumont Boys----Jared Trosclair
48 Posts
I too am looking for a entry level 1/8 electric buggy...the ve8 looks good and ive also been looking at the caster racing ex-1. Both look great to me but im new to the 1/8 buggy and really unsure wich one would fit my level the best.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
its a mbx5 based clone with lesser quality parts than the mugen

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
take it from many of us that learned the hard way......cheap cars = cheap parts = more money in the long run. There's a reason you don't see those price-point cars racing on a regular basis at the tracks.........

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about the hpi vorza or ae rc8e. Off topic I saw a 4x4 slash today and that thing is fastttt.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
I thought the Vorza and the Hot Bodies were the same?

RC8E is a good car......only issue that I ever had with them was that the plastics seem to wear rather quick, so it's a little more maintenance/cost. VERY good driving car overall. Plenty of parts available for cheap!

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ve8 has a plastic chassis and the motor and batterys are on the same side. With the battery tray being small. Just what I've read.

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I found what I want. A mugen with a mamba max. What do y'all think.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Jeez, that makes how many mugens in Houston now? Lol. That will make 5 electric ones. Just let us know if you need any help with it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts