2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been with out a deer lease for about 5 years know. My son has been asking me to take him hunting. I have been taking him with me when I go to the range and letting him shoot a 22-250. Well for Christmas Santa brought him a Marlin 30/30 and Mrs Clause brought me a Kimber Sanora 7mag. After Christmas we both went to the range to sight our new guns in. He was actually better with his new 30/30 than his 22-250. I had an invite to go down South to Carizo Spring on a hunt of a life time and 10 min. later my cousin called me to see if I could bring my son Hunter up to Kerrville. Well since I could not take my son down South. It was a no brainer I'm going to Kerrville. We saw alot of deer at night but nothing in the day time untill Sunday morning. Hunter was hunting sheep when I spotted a deer on the other side of the fence. I woke him up to let him see the deer after about 15 min the deer came back behind the stand this time he was on the right side of the fence. He told me he could make that shot. It was about 90 to 100 yards. I told him to take his time and squeeze the trigger. BOOM ... Hunter said I got him the deer ran about 15 yards and fell over. He told me to grab the gun he was going to get his deer. After all the hooping, high 5 and huges. Hunter got his deer. I could not have been a more happier or prounder Dad. I just want to say thanks to my dad and my cousin Les Carter

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Congrats to you and your son!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts