2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Stay away from the Nissan Titan I know why they stoped putting the 5.0 Cummins in them. I put 35,000 miles on mine and was in the shop for over 2 months. Dodge 6.7 deleted I get 22 MPG pulling a 34TT I get 13-14mpg
What year was your Titan? I have one now and love it (knock on wood) but it is a late 18 model. My understanding is they had a bad batch of cranks the first year and a half and they snapped often. Im 50k miles on mine and deleted and it is trucking along good.

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,020 Posts
What year was your Titan? I have one now and love it (knock on wood) but it is a late 18 model. My understanding is they had a bad batch of cranks the first year and a half and they snapped often. Im 50k miles on mine and deleted and it is trucking along good.
What kind of MGP do you get with your diesel Titan?

·
Retired and working
1,569 Posts
I bought the 1/2 ton Silverado LTZ Z71 with the 3.0 D-Max. I have no regrets so far. I traded a 6.2 F250 gasser for it. Glad to see that rough ride find happiness elsewhere. The F250 was good to me though.....75000 miles and nothing but go......at 13 MPG driving and 9 pulling. This little diesel pulled my JH B225 really well today. I have no regrets so far.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Diesels are everywhere if you look ... from little 1.1 liters in tiny hatchbacks to 50 ton monsters in ships and everything in between ... but for some reason they just don't belong in 1/2 tons ... no logical arguments, just because ... I've argued this with many here over the years who said it would never happen, (not to the most primed of all segments, the 1/2 ton market :biggrin:) ... well it's sure as heck happening now as predicted and will continue ... ;) ... is my further prediction ...

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Stay away from the Nissan Titan I know why they stoped putting the 5.0 Cummins in them. I put 35,000 miles on mine and was in the shop for over 2 months. Dodge 6.7 deleted I get 22 MPG pulling a 34TT I get 13-14mpg
Lol. I get 40 mpg with mine.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Diesels are everywhere if you look ... from little 1.1 liters in tiny hatchbacks to 50 ton monsters in ships and everything in between ... but for some reason they just don't belong in 1/2 tons ... no logical arguments, just because ... I've argued this with many here over the years who said it would never happen, (not to the most primed of all segments, the 1/2 ton market :biggrin:) ... well it's sure as heck happening now as predicted and will continue ... ;) ... is my further prediction ...
When you can get 8-10 mpg better, apples to apples, it begins to make sense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Pulled the trigger

Doing research on the 3 options for 1/2 ton diesels lead me down the GMC path. Really wasn't interested in the Ram after reading/hearing some pretty worrisome stories about reliability. I eliminated the Ford based cost comparisons on available options. The value just wasn't there for the Ford.
That lead me to the GMC/Chevrolet 3.0 Duramax. Drove both and really felt like the GMC was the better fit. I'd been shopping hard for a GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 in the 3.0 duramax in Satin Steel. Apparently that color is in high demand. Finally found one in Corpus and picked it up last week. In the AT4 and Denali trim the upcharge was only $995 for the diesel. Same as the 6.2 gasser upcharge. So far I love the truck!

Coming home to Dickinson from Corpus was heading in to a pretty stiff head wind...plus i was REALLY ready to get home. 80+mph in to 15-20mph head wind really made the mileage suffer...got right at 20mpg. So far my best avg is about 25mpg on the hwy. Was expecting a little better. But, it's WAY better than my '14 Tundra that I traded and WAY better than any 3/4 ton diesel.

Haven't towed anything yet, but I'm petty confident it will be all I need for anything I tow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congratulations on the truck and welcome to the club. Ive had mine now for about 5mons and put just over 6k miles on it and absolutely LOVE it! No regrets and fuel mileage is insane. First time you get 600miles to a tank you will smile ear to ear. As far as the pulling power great low end torgue and about 15mpg.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Congratulations on the truck and welcome to the club. Ive had mine now for about 5mons and put just over 6k miles on it and absolutely LOVE it! No regrets and fuel mileage is insane. First time you get 600miles to a tank you will smile ear to ear. As far as the pulling power great low end torgue and about 15mpg.
Thanks! I smile ear to ear every time I get in it! I saw some posts you made about your truck in another thread. Yours looks great with the leveling kit. I’ve read there could be issues with the CV boot/angle when these trucks are lifted. Mine came with the 2” lift from the factory but I’d like to level it to get rid of some of the rake. Have you had any issues with your level? Which kit did you use? Who did the level for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
My truck didn't come with a level from the factory. I went with the MotoFab 3" front level with 2" rear block. The ride didn't change at all but the steering tighten up just a bit which I personally like. I have a buddy who owns a really nice shop so we did the install ourselves which took about 2hrs. You will definitely need to get an alignment done afterwards and surprisingly I didn't see a loss in mpg after the level was installed. As far as the CV position it did change slightly but not enough to make a difference in my opinion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My truck didn't come with a level from the factory. I went with the MotoFab 3" front level with 2" rear block. The ride didn't change at all but the steering tighten up just a bit which I personally like. I have a buddy who owns a really nice shop so we did the install ourselves which took about 2hrs. You will definitely need to get an alignment done afterwards and surprisingly I didn't see a loss in mpg after the level was installed. As far as the CV position it did change slightly but not enough to make a difference in my opinion.
I gotta say I’m just not seeing the kind of MPG numbers you are. I put cruise on 75 and I’m right at 22mpg. Not sure if I have something that needs to be addressed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll be honest alot of my driving is done at 60-65 mph so I see an avg around 25ish. When I do get around to hwy speed I'm around 22-24mpg. At 60 mph I'll see 33-35 all day.

·
Registered
679 Posts
What kind of MGP do you get with your diesel Titan?
Sorry just seeing this. I have mine tuned and deleted. On the #5 tune which I think is +100hp Im seeing 19-20mpg on the highway with a little city driving. Turn is down to #3 which is +60hp I think towing and get around 15mpg pulling a Majek M2.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,573 Posts
I really like my 2017 Titan Pro 4x with the Cummins diesel. Good mileage, 50K miles and no issues.

It's my third Titan and first diesel and I sure wish they would have been more popular with buyers.

TH

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,020 Posts
I really like my 2017 Titan Pro 4x with the Cummins diesel. Good mileage, 50K miles and no issues.

It's my third Titan and first diesel and I sure wish they would have been more popular with buyers.

TH
What kind of fuel mileage do you get?

·
Registered
476 Posts

TH
Me too I was close to buying one then found out Nissan was pulling the plug and decided not too.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Did Ford discontinue the half ton diesel? Looking at new trucks and can not find a 2021 diesel anywhere in the country.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts