2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
731 Posts
When I was a young boy, my dad and I would go to North Dakota hunting and it was like that video there. Millions of greater and lesser snow geese, as well as blue geese and some canadians.

You stood in knee to waist deep water and there were so many people shooting, that it would rain lead in water around you.

Then we would go shoot the drainage canals for ducks. It was good stuff.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I wish they would come back to Texas.
Doubtfull, we have lost almost a million birds to Ar, North La and E Mizzou. in the last decade, and it is going to get worse.Especially when they cut off the water to the prarie.

·
In the Surf
664 Posts
Doubtfull, we have lost almost a million birds to Ar, North La and E Mizzou. in the last decade, and it is going to get worse.Especially when they cut off the water to the prarie.
exactly, thats why I wish they would come back!

·
The Camo'd Texan
520 Posts
pull out the plugs and the e-calls , think its time for the light conservation order...

had a whole roost land in the spread one time and that was nothing compared to that .. :eek:

·
1,193 Posts
dang, cool video!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Used to hunt Cheyanne Bottom's (Great Bend,Ks) ,Quaveria NWS, and Brown County all in Kansas back in the 70's and 80's. Saw and shot a hole lot of bird's , but not that many at any one time.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
That is amazing!
are they really talking about cutting off water to the prairie???
Yes. I believe it is the LCRA that controls it. Water is going to be a huge deal in the next decade. And yes I know water is a big deal everywhere, but it is going to get dicey in the next 10-20 years. They would like to see all water cut to the prairie, agricultural as well. I had a long talk with a good friend that has inside info into all this stuff. You think it is hard to get a land owner to flood a flat for you now, just wait.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts