2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little brushless E Revo about a week ago to bash and to start getting back into some rc stuff....first electric car, but have had a few nitro trucks in the past. I want to get some good batteries that will give me some more power though...all I have right now is the stock one, and a team Helotes 7 cell. But what batteries do y'all recommend? I know you can run 2 batteries at once, both in parallel and all at once but I'm pretty clueless on which ones are the most powerful and have decent run times and such....help me out!

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
I run a single 2 cell lipo in mine. I have to keep the throttle limited to 90% to keep is driveable on dirt or on the street. I am getting about 15 minutes of run time. After each battery pack, you should let the esc and motor cool down a little before you go burn another one. For this reason I would recomend not running two packs in parallel.
You can run a 3 cell or run packs in series. You will have to change the pinnon gear if you do though. The top end will be stupid fast but the car is not very driveable at this point.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run a single 2 cell lipo in mine. I have to keep the throttle limited to 90% to keep is driveable on dirt or on the street. I am getting about 15 minutes of run time. After each battery pack, you should let the esc and motor cool down a little before you go burn another one. For this reason I would recomend not running two packs in parallel.
You can run a 3 cell or run packs in series. You will have to change the pinnon gear if you do though. The top end will be stupid fast but the car is not very driveable at this point.

my 2 cents
Is it worth switching to Lipos and buying the charger and everything? Or would it be better to just run two of the 6 cells together for now?

·
Mike Garrett
328 Posts
If you're running electric, lipo's are the only way to go. Chargers vary in price, you can pay as much as you wish, but for batteries with 5000mah capacity or less, there's no need in paying over $100 for a good charger that will do Lipo, NiMH, NiCd, and Pb.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're running electric, lipo's are the only way to go. Chargers vary in price, you can pay as much as you wish, but for batteries with 5000mah capacity or less, there's no need in paying over $100 for a good charger that will do Lipo, NiMH, NiCd, and Pb.
Do you have any recomendations on a decently priced charger, and which lipos to get?

·
Mike Garrett
328 Posts
This is the lipo for the 1/16 revo $24.99
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=VNRC5023&search=Go

This is a good charger, there's better, and a lot worse. This will do anything you need for Traxxas and others, but you'll need a power supply $99
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHDJ1&P=ML

I use this one. It will charge up to 5 amps (5000mah) AC/DC
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...iMH-LiIo-LiPo-LiFe-Pb-AC-DC-Balancing-Charger

I've got a new Hyperion charger coming in Thursday. I'll sell you my Bantam if you're interested send me a PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts