2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like this truck for highway driving it's smooth as silk. It pulls a 21' boat pretty good except for gas mileage. But have a problem someone may know of.

Just lately at 28K miles I've noticed while sitting at a red light or fresh stop a few seconds after the stop it feels like I got bumped from behind, a thrust forward. I know it's something to do with the drive shaft or rear end but it's getting worst. Can the shaft be turning at a fresh stop and then hit teeth?:headknock

I'm having a hard time getting it to a dealer right now but wanted to be a little intelligent when I do. Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

I attached some pics of realtree from covercraft. Waterproof for life.

Attachments

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
i have the same thing with my 07 silverado, it's been discussed on here before. something about the limited slip in the rear end. first time it happened i pilled outta the truck and was going for the other driver when i noticed they was about 10' back. it doesn't happen every time just every so often.

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to have to take it in somehow. I can't go without transportation I hope I get loaner. I'm going to look for that old thread. Thanks

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it from Feb 2nd 2009. Only 25K miles. Never had this problem before on 6 GM Trucks ever.

Howdy,
I know exactly the problem you are having and that is the driveshaft slip yoke is dry and needs to be greased. I just helped a friend from work bring his truck in for just this problem and the dealer fixed his while still under warranty. If you are looking for a good dealer to call and find out the lingo of the exact problem to pass on to your mechanic or local dealer: he had his fixed at Mac Haik Chevrolet in Houston which in my opinion has one of the best service departments around and I am picky when it comes to this. If you want to call them their number is 281-509-9090 and no I do not work for them. Have a good one and I hope this helps.

·
Tripped Outtings
2,261 Posts
it's the slip yoke for sure

Covered repair for 5yrs or 100,000 miles on 07's, 08's, 09's under warranty.
take her in and tell them exactly what you told us. They'll know exactly what to do.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
good seeing you this weekend JAW... take her to Monument down the road with a appointment scheduled ahead of time...

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I managed to get to the dealer Ron Carter. The norm shade tree mechanics fix was lithium grease packing. That was a fix but only 20 to 30K miles. Ron Carter's mechanics had seen this much more and GM advised a Nickle yoke on both ends to be installed plus re-packing. I don't really know why nickle, but under warranty that the fix at the moment and trust it for now.

Never had any vehicle ever with near 40 years of driving one. I'm guessing with towing, hauling and differential slip buttons to engage new inventions has it's flaws.

It's fixed at the moment. We are all test dummies until something goes wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts