2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Great report.

Awesome report, and pix!

Looks like you guys had a freakin' blast.

BTW: Nice PS effect on the group shot,.... "Sweet!"

;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great job on the report Oz

Thanks for picking up the slack. My arms were too tired to hold up a camera after paddling around with you and diving all day....Great job, and let's do it again.

Yakmon

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
Lets do it again....and again......and again.....and again

Maybe next time I will get out there and kayak around for kings when ever my lead poisoning goes away.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well..

I think it may have been something to do with making a few thousand of those surfweights.. eh skippy? LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great Report, Oz. What a trip that must've been...

Keep up the great work and nice lookin' website y'all have going...

Roy

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
Yep, making surf weights. I felt very strange for the first couple of days after making the weights. Then, My arms and legs and fingers were very tingly all the time and I just couldn't breathe very well. i have enough weights to last me a very long time now. I won't be making them again without some type of carbon filtered mask or something that can collect the harmful fumes. It just isn't worth it man.

·
Vendor
93 Posts
Lead Happy

He actually was doing OK until I told Jeff's story....But he did seem to glow a bit, and I thought that he was doing the ''stingray shuffle'' until I saw him doing the Herman Munster walk....It's cheaper to buy weights dudes. I hope he's OK!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
SkipJack said:
Yep, making surf weights. I felt very strange for the first couple of days after making the weights. Then, My arms and legs and fingers were very tingly all the time and I just couldn't breathe very well. i have enough weights to last me a very long time now. I won't be making them again without some type of carbon filtered mask or something that can collect the harmful fumes. It just isn't worth it man.
SJ, you don't need a high dollar filtered mask. What you need is to set up your lead pot outside with a wind blowing the fumes AWAY from you. If there is no wind blowing naturally, then create one with a fan. I've used this simple trick for more years than you have lived and never had a problem with lead. Just stay away from the downwind side of the pot, that is where the fumes are. When I run my lead pot I like at least 50 ft of clear space (no people)on the downwind side for the fumes to dissipate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts