2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07/01/06 bolliver - cloudy, tide at 11am for high and water temp at 85, visb 8 inch , no waves early on the day . got to the Texas city at 8am to find every body that had a fishing rod trying to buy bait and no bait to be found. Managed some dead shrimp and live crab . 3 people fished the bolliver area honey hole and the slaughter bunch of 14 inch sand trout . We had a fist time fisherman who landed 5 fish because these fish are so aggressive that I have caught them on bare hook. At one point his rod was yanked in the water because he was not holding it which we recovered . In all caught over 25 fish and since we had a pound of shrimp for three people we ran out in an hour . Next stop was n jetties but the waves were bad and the kid got sick so we folded since there was a storm coming. The day was cool because it was cloudy and many of the sand trout were caught on tandem speck rig tipped with shrimp. I caught them no mater what I did ,color and approach was not important.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.