2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07/01/06 bolliver - cloudy, tide at 11am for high and water temp at 85, visb 8 inch , no waves early on the day . got to the Texas city at 8am to find every body that had a fishing rod trying to buy bait and no bait to be found. Managed some dead shrimp and live crab . 3 people fished the bolliver area honey hole and the slaughter bunch of 14 inch sand trout . We had a fist time fisherman who landed 5 fish because these fish are so aggressive that I have caught them on bare hook. At one point his rod was yanked in the water because he was not holding it which we recovered . In all caught over 25 fish and since we had a pound of shrimp for three people we ran out in an hour . Next stop was n jetties but the waves were bad and the kid got sick so we folded since there was a storm coming. The day was cool because it was cloudy and many of the sand trout were caught on tandem speck rig tipped with shrimp. I caught them no mater what I did ,color and approach was not important.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Was there still seaweed in the water or has it cleared up any? And where abouts did you fish, was it around RollOver or nearby? Thanks for the fishing reports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.