2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Veterans ID Card from the VA

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  djwag94 
#1 ·
don't know how they will get the photo if there's to be one on the card - -

just got this update today:

VA To Issue Photo ID Cards To Veterans Starting In November

The Department of Veterans Affairs will issue photo IDs to any honorably discharged veteran beginning next month.

The VA identification card will make it easier for veterans to show proof of service for discounts at private restaurants and businesses. There will be no fee to veterans.

The card is different from a Veteran Health Identification card or a DoD Uniformed Services or retiree ID Card.

VA identification cards can't be used as proof of eligibility for
federal benefits and doesn't grant access to military installations.

Veterans will be able to apply for the card through the VA's website.

See less See more
#8 ·
I couldn't find where to apply on the VA Website. In fact it took me straight the VHIC. I've always wanted some sort of ID to prove my service to receive discounts other than "Veteran" being written on my CHL.

I'll keep looking, but I couldn't find where to apply for it.

#9 ·
I couldn't find where to apply on the VA Website. In fact it took me straight the VHIC. I've always wanted some sort of ID to prove my service to receive discounts other than "Veteran" being written on my CHL.

I'll keep looking, but I couldn't find where to apply for it.
Are you currently registered with the VA, or have a VA ID card? Lastly, if you or anyone has a service connected disability rating of 100%, you qualify for base access. Which includes the MWR, PX/NX/BX, and the commissary.

#10 ·
Just in case someone doesn't know - you can get 'Veteran' on your drivers license & chl. Copy of your DD214 is needed.

Had it for years, never looked/for asked for discounts. Nov. 10 I was in Academy buying some ammo & stuff - sign says discount for military/veteran. Showed my DL and got the discount.
Got home and proudly told the wife I got a discount at Academy today.
"Senior discount?"

took the wind right out of my sails....

#11 ·
After reading this when the OP first posted I went to the VA website to register. I guess my records are destroyed or someone didn't bother to search far enough but they eventually had me send them a photo copy of my DD214. What I found interesting is they wanted copy 4 as it apparently has some info which is not on copy 1 (although I couldn't find a difference...lol). Just received notification a couple days ago that I have been verified.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.