tagged redfish caught in galveston - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #21
Wedge
Retired and working

Wedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to PirateWedge has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks.....I just checked my card and I must have paid the 40 as opposed to the fifteen.
Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #22
robul
wishin I was fishin

robul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrobul has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I don't know if this is fact or not but somebody told me they caught a tagged red a couple years ago and he sent it in. He said they sent him an Envelope with a dollar in it.. Don't know if that's fact or fiction but man what a bummer..
robul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #23
galbayfisher
Galbayfisher

galbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateergalbayfisher has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Isn't the tag visible on the outside of the fish?
galbayfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #24
Tricky Matt
Banned

Tricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I guess this is true since you got it from your buddy. If you didn't I would say this story seems kind of 'fishy' to me, CCA trying to get all their $15's and $40's ...
Tricky Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #25
iridered2003
RIDE RED,HONDA!

iridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Matt
I guess this is true since you got it from your buddy. If you didn't I would say this story seems kind of 'fishy' to me, CCA trying to get all their $15's and $40's ...
its true. my buddy has no reason to BS me about it and hes not the kind of person to start romors or bs like this. then again, think back at what happen to me in the 2005 star??????
iridered2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #26
FishinHippie
Me want redfish...

FishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishinHippie has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by galbayfisher
Isn't the tag visible on the outside of the fish?
it is visible... but it blends in with the fish, as the tags are usually red... I've heard it many times that people will be at the cleaning table before they notice the tag.

ALWAYS CHECK A RED CAREFULLY BEFORE RELEASE!!!!!
FishinHippie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #27
Tricky Matt
Banned

Tricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTricky Matt has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridered2003
its true.
I believe you!!

Good Luck to us all!!
Tricky Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #28
iridered2003
RIDE RED,HONDA!

iridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinHippie
it is visible... but it blends in with the fish, as the tags are usually red... I've heard it many times that people will be at the cleaning table before they notice the tag.

ALWAYS CHECK A RED CAREFULLY BEFORE RELEASE!!!!!
i got a pic from my buddy but can't upload it from my desktop. i will upload it to photobucket later and post it. you can see the tag. it looks like a peice of weedeater string or something like that to me. its red/pink. i'm sure they fade a little bit over time as saltwater is hell on everything as we all know. anyways, it was a $60,000 dinner
iridered2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #29
Captain Dave
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows

Captain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to Pirate
And We hear of the tagged fish right after the STAR opens up.. When do the tagged fish go into the bays ?
Captain Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #30
fishin geezer
Registered Users-pm+

fishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Piratefishin geezer has been promoted to Pirate
Here's What A Tagged Redfish Looks Like

Here's a pic I took of a tagged Redfish at Tiki Island Marina two years ago. I didn't catch it. The guy who caught it was registered- new truck, trailer and boat....

The tag (red) is just below the dorsal fin, midway down its back.
Attached Images

fishin geezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message