2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Found some solids.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jas415 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever fished this many weekends with a north wind during may and June? I know I’ve fished several but not like it’s been! It seems like every weekend except 1 we have had a north wind since may 1st. Anyways. We got on some schoolies this morning. Had an inexperienced fisherman that proves to all you croaker nay sayers that you can’t just show up on a shoreline anywhere and catch fish because you have a croaker on. 2 of us had 10 fish and the other didn’t have a single fish and we were all fishing 6’ from one another. We left because 9 of our 10 weren’t as big as we would like so we went to 2 more spots and plugged out 6 fish over 21 those were the only fish we caught at those spots. Needless to say the inexperienced guy didn’t catch a single fish. So croaker is not fool proof. All in all was a great trip and our guest got to take home a mess of fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Gotcha and understood.

I have a situation where I take a certain guest out and I want to make casts for them but I know that isn't the answer. I can underhand pitch cast it farther than their normal cast. I can exceed their normal distance by 3x with my normal cast. But due to the situation, I only offer a few tips and let them figure it out on their own.

Your situation is probably different but it made me think of this. Congrats on the day.

#6 ·
Gotcha and understood.

I have a situation where I take a certain guest out and I want to make casts for them but I know that isn't the answer. I can underhand pitch cast it farther than their normal cast. I can exceed their normal distance by 3x with my normal cast. But due to the situation, I only offer a few tips and let them figure it out on their own.

Your situation is probably different but it made me think of this. Congrats on the day.
I've been in this situation and they never seem to catch any fish... but you're doing it right. Sometimes being out there with guys is worth more than instructing them all the time. Sometimes I'll tell guys, 'when you're ready to start catching more fish and casting further let me know and we'll spend some time working on it'... until they are ready.. about the 8th fish you string they usually ask. Part of being a good 'coach' is understanding that. Some anglers just want to be out there with ya hanging out and having a good time just being outdoors. me.. I wanna catch fish AND enjoy being out there. LOL

#8 ·
casting

Most of the time when I took a guide, the guide would take my rod and reel and put a lure on it that we will start fishing with, cast it a few times, and if it needs tuning, will do that and hand it back to me. He never said a word, but we had a lot less downtime. He did it with every rod that came on the boat. And I really appreciated it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.