2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Question

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  The Zen Master 
G
#1 ·
Why is there virtually no mention of fishing piers / Seawolf Park etc., on either of the 2 virtual-twin Texas fishing forums?

Even Texas Saltwater Fishing magazine - no mention whatsoever?

Is there a rule about that that I am unaware of? Is that topic verboten? If so, why is that?

#2 ·
no interest

i just think there is too much access to good fishing, no one is interested in it to speak of. the people that are serious, aren't fishing piers as a general rule of thumb. you can walk in all over the bay system, easy access wading, this is where the would be pier guys are. :texasflag

G
#3 ·
Poor health has made it impossible for me to wade, or jump jetties, and while I love fishing, I cant make someone's boat-payment for them, to go.

So I have to go where I have to go. Its just curious that there is no mention of it any report or anything...

Thanks much!

#8 ·
Too many hierarchical rules from the pier fascists on who gets to fish the T-Head, how big is the pier buggy you rolled in on, blah blah blah.. and if you do manage to catch a fish, then you are inundated with folks elbows to ******** trying to get in your "spot" while you bait up again.

It isn't peaceful or slightly enjoyable to me...same stuff goes on at the freshwater crappie barges.

G
#9 ·
Too many hierarchical rules from the pier fascists on who gets to fish the T-Head, how big is the pier buggy you rolled in on, blah blah blah.. and if you do manage to catch a fish, then you are inundated with folks elbows to ******** trying to get in your "spot" while you bait up again.

It isn't peaceful or slightly enjoyable to me...same stuff goes on at the freshwater crappie barges.
Thank you. I much appreciate the insight. I live 3-hours away so that makes it tough to scout locations but I just need to do some fishing before I lose my mind. Galvatraz (I understand the name, now) or 61st Pier is what I found on Google.

G
#11 ·
The problem with the piers seems to be that anytime the fishing is supposed to be good, the piers are packed shoulder-to-shoulder - and I rather cast lures. There is just no room to cast lures - similar to what I was advised about Galvatraz.

If I do hit Gavatraz it will be just to cast lures off the seawall/parking lot side of the... Island - just for pleasure, and likely avoid the pier altogether.

I sure wish I had a fishing bud in Houston though, that is one heck of a fishery you guys have at your doorsteps.

I spent the last few years NOT fishing and talking to doctors and I am sick of talking to them - I'd rather go fishing - so that is what I am going to do.

May drive over next (mid) week if I can work a few other things out in time - if not then the week after - and for sure I'll be scouting around in October.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.