Will this tackle tray leave a scent on my lures? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Will this tackle tray leave a scent on my lures?

Many of you I am sure have seen these Flambeau Trays that help prevent rust, w/ Zerust Dividers.

Here is one that is on sale
https://www.amazon.com/Flambeau-6004...QBWQXJHHGZWQXT

MY question is do you feel that the rust inhibitor would leave a scent on the lures?
-We work them fast enough - would the fish even have a chance to realize the smell?
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
RedFlounderBass
Bayou Burner

RedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to Pirate
I have a few of the 3600 sized boxes for hard baits and terminal tackle-Been using them for a few years now. Never noticed any scent coming from them. I don’t sniff my baits though, lol. The rust inhibitor seems to help, as I usually try to dry off plugs before I put them back in their place. Pretty good product, imo.

I have another deep box from them for soft plastic storage that has huge dividers and works great for what I wanted it for.
RedFlounderBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
Muddskipper: This is from Flambeau's website...

Flambeau's exclusive Zerust® VCI products consist of a proprietary chemical formulation that releases an invisible, odorless, tasteless, and FDA-safe vapor that diffuses throughout an enclosed Tuff Tainer® and settles on all exposed metal surfaces to form a protective molecular layer that inhibits the electrochemical reactions that cause rust and corrosion to form.
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
I have used those Zerust dividers and I've not seen any reduction of fish biting. not sure I've seen a big reduction in rust either.. maybe a small reduction. If you like the design of the tackle box get it, but if you're getting it solely for the rust reduction I don't think it's worth it.

Rinse tackle and let it dry immediately is the best solution. My buddy Reed A has a cleaning table at their cabin that gets good wind.. I think it would be even better in the sun.. or for those of you that don't have that.. rinse at home and blot dry and leave lid open on counter or garage counter until dry.

Most of the time the hook is set before the fish 'taste' or 'smell' the lure.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #5
Marker 54 Lures
Registered Users-pm+

Marker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to Pirate
Plastic has a very low absorbency rate .. 3% for water... it’s why your Tupperware never smells like spaghetti .. it won’t do anything .even if there is surface residuals.. 2 or 3 casts and it’s washed off
Marker 54 Lures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message