Fishing Porpoises - Page 7 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #61
98aggie77566
Stepped in what?

98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate98aggie77566 has been promoted to Pirate
My two cents....and how we got here.

We grew up calling a dorado a dolphin...and a dolphin a porpoise.

It was easier than trying to explain which “dolphin” you were talking about.

Yes...saying dorado would have been easier.
98aggie77566 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #62
batmaninja
Registered Users-pm+

batmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk Jck 224 View Post
In the spirit of TrailChaser let me immediately correct you...Primates will fark for fun as well...I saw a baboon orgy at the San Antonio zoo when I was a kid...I thought, Now that might be a good idea...Hmmm
Hard to say it was for fun, or defense. Even them lady primates can execute a clam jam.

Female gorillas use sex as a tactic to thwart their rivals, new research suggests. Pregnant apes court their silverback male to stop other females conceiving.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2019, 11:55 PM   #63
Eaglebeaver
Registered Users-pm+

Eaglebeaver is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I usta avoid...the fishing was good - when they showed up - and stayed good....as long as we could crank fast.....Now we look for them....and have mostly good luck!
Eaglebeaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #64
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Thirty five years back I was fishing PINS and driving the beach looking for sign. When I got to the fish pass there was a raft of mullet pushed against the little jetty and the north pocket of the beach. The big surf tout and slot reds were thick in the rafts of mullet blowing them up. Birds were diving, it was a melee.
The ex and I pulled to a stop and made our way out to the line of surf casters catching fish. A long line of waders extending out from near the jetty base and almost everyone bowed up at all times. Shrimp were jumping all around.
It was a big trout or a slot red every cast, we were using Mud Bugs( having been on a fishing bender for two weeks we were getting down to the last of the lures) a deep diving crank bait that would dig in the sand when retrieved.
Limits were liberal and we were stringing them up fishing from the 2nd bar top.
Suddenly a group of dolphins started blowing and breaching as they feed into the melee, further pushing the mullet and game fish onto the beach. My ex walked on water getting out of waist deep water thinking they were sharks.
I stayed and those trout and reds were bumping into my legs at times chasing bait and soon dolphins were swimming right by me.
The water was very clear/blue and beautiful. I caught fish and released them for a couple of hours and at one point I was dangling a silver spoon right in front of me looking at the action when a jack about 5 to eight pounds snatched it up and stripped line, which had looped over the old fashioned ambassador 5000 release lever.
Line actually smoked for a second over that lever when that jack ran until hot line hit the water and parted.
It happened in a flash!
I'll never forget that day, beautiful water, fish all around and the dolphins added to experience in a big way.

Last edited by shadslinger; 10-26-2019 at 06:14 AM.
shadslinger is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2019, 09:49 PM   #65
mocity31
Registered Users-pm+

mocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Riggermocity31 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
OMG. I get back from the lease trying to kill Russian boars and wolves and I see this discussion has gone on for 10 days and 7 pages of posts. So sorry i misspoke "Professor" Trailblazer. I didn't know that calling bottlenoses Porpoise's was a "plague" and "plagueing" the Texas gulf coast. The ignorance is an intellectual crime that must be addressed so the younger sportsman won't perpetuate the massive problem. We should have 2cool do PSA's to correct this dilemma.
I simply shared a cool experience about animal behavior and possibly a tactic to use in the future for others. This is why I dont do the book of face and I seldom post on this social media site. All the social justice warriors ruin it for many. Hope I didn't have any grammatical errors that plagues our society in this message so I won't be corrected again.
The bottom line is, at the end of the day, it's what it is.
mocity31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message