East Galveston Bay - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 01:05 AM   #1
RMCN
Registered Users-pm+

RMCN is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
East Galveston Bay

I’ve been reading up on as many posts as I can but I wanted to go ahead and see if I can get a little more direct answers this way.

I’ll be down in Crystal Beach all week for a family function. I’m bringing my 24ft bay boat down with me and I plan on launching out of Stingaree, so here we go.

I know this is a pretty good time to fish Rollover pass but it’s closed, is there a fence that would prevent a boat from getting up near the drop off that runs through it from the intracoastal to the gulf?

Also, the weather will be very cool this week with winds 10-20 out of the N-NE. Fishing the south shoreline of east bay won’t provide much cover from the wind, so would you recommend fishing the north shoreline? I understand tidal movement and finding guts and drains etc, but wind also plays a factor.

One last thing, my draft about 1.5ft at idle and a little less on step. Other than the usual watch out for white PVC pipes, crab trap markers, etc. Is there much in the way of running from the boat cut near Stingaree out to Hannas? I plan on picking up Reef Recon after the holidays but right now I’m just running a basic map on my Lowrance(rather disappointed with that setup btw).

Thanks in advance and I’ll happily, well hopefully happily, post daily reports.
RMCN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
Makofisherman
Registered Users-pm+

Makofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMakofisherman has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Front coming in on Tues with high winds and cold temps .... monitor your NOAA radio and watch Saltwater-Recon online (they have a live weather report with wind) ... I would not take a boat into East Bay in that weather. If you really need to fish then go to a pier on Galveston. This front will affect the fishing pattern.
Makofisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
EastTexasRancher
Registered Users-pm+

EastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to Pirate
When the winds hit later tonight, it will be dangerous on the water tonight and most of tomorrow. Be careful.
EastTexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Yup, supposed to be gusts up to 35. I'll be duck hunting in the morning (if all goes as planned) but gonna stay inland up in bayou vista. I would NOT put a boat in East Bay or ever west bay in those kind of conditions
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
BigTim
Registered Users-pm+

BigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to PirateBigTim has been promoted to Pirate
On a hard north wind like predicted, I used to fish the grass shore lines and drains along the Intracoastal Canal around Stingaree for reds, and done well.
BigTim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 01:15 PM   #6
atexan
Politically Incorrect

atexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirateatexan has been promoted to Pirate
Your Run from Stingaree to the reefs should be fine as long as you keep off the barrier islands. However I would not recommend doing so until after the font is completely through. Fish the intercoastal at the cuts (stingaree / sievers / Rollover) to stay protected by the barrier islands. The Canals up and down the ICW will also provide fish while staying safe.
atexan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #7
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by atexan View Post
Your Run from Stingaree to the reefs should be fine as long as you keep off the barrier islands. However I would not recommend doing so until after the font is completely through. Fish the intercoastal at the cuts (stingaree / sievers / Rollover) to stay protected by the barrier islands. The Canals up and down the ICW will also provide fish while staying safe.
We used that game plan a while back under those conditions and did pretty well. Launched out of stingaree and fished Fat Rat Cut and did well on reds and black drum. I do wish we had brought more crab for bait!
Old 11-11-2019, 10:21 PM   #8
RMCN
Registered Users-pm+

RMCN is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I should have clarified I plan on fishing Wednesday-Sunday. But I do appreciate the heads up with the weather, I’ve been watching the forecast like a hawk.

Fishing the intracoastal is a good idea, I’ve had good luck doing that down out of POC. Fingers crossed the wind will die down a little and the temp will be tolerable.
RMCN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #9
mattfox
Registered Users-pm+

mattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Pirate
I just got back from there last week. I fished 5 days total. 2 days the wind was too bad to fish the bay. We staying in the channel those day and fished the drains. We caught reds, small flounder, sheepshead, small trout, trash fish at the drains. 1 day we ventured to the bay and caught lots of small trout on reefs. 2 days we went to the jetty and caught bull reds and big black drum. It was fun
mattfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message