2CoolFishing

2CoolFishing (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/index.php)
-   Individual Fishing & Game Reports (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bad winds, bad water, good fish (https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=2656773)

hookemfaster 10-29-2019 11:59 AM

Bad winds, bad water, good fish
 
Took my limit yesterday in CB. East wind making white caps and definitely a "chocolate bay". Fished in one spot over a reef with birds coming and going. 1.5' to 4' of water. Took about 2 hours in mid afternoon with lots of throwbacks (no hard heads thank you). As they say, the best time to go fishing is when you can.

Chuck06R1 10-29-2019 12:45 PM

How messed up was the water? I was there Sunday morning and it was definitely living up to it's name. I think I was flushing mud out of my motor and not salt. LOL

c hook 10-29-2019 12:59 PM

cool
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hookemfaster (Post 23812461)
Took my limit yesterday in CB. East wind making white caps and definitely a "chocolate bay". Fished in one spot over a reef with birds coming and going. 1.5' to 4' of water. Took about 2 hours in mid afternoon with lots of throwbacks (no hard heads thank you). As they say, the best time to go fishing is when you can.

the fish don't go home when the weather gets bad, but the fishermen do. nice work. :texasflag

hookemfaster 10-29-2019 02:19 PM

Dirty water
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck06R1 (Post 23812491)
How messed up was the water? I was there Sunday morning and it was definitely living up to it's name. I think I was flushing mud out of my motor and not salt. LOL

I bought shrimp and could not see them in my live well after the aerator pumped in bay water. Washed off my boat this morning and watched muddy water flow down the sides. Dirtiest I ever saw. Looked like the Brazos after heavy rains. Probably about 2-3" visibility, if that.

P.S. Caught all the keeps on 6" watermelon / chartreuse paddle tails. Popping cork and shrimp were all throw backs.

Chuck06R1 10-29-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookemfaster (Post 23812549)
I bought shrimp and could not see them in my live well after the aerator pumped in bay water. Washed off my boat this morning and watched muddy water flow down the sides. Dirtiest I ever saw. Looked like the Brazos after heavy rains. Probably about 2-3" visibility, if that.

P.S. Caught all the keeps on 6" watermelon / chartreuse paddle tails. Popping cork and shrimp were all throw backs.

Funny you mention the Brazos cause I thought the exact same thing. Even had a mud smell to it. Almost like how a rice canal smells when they're full.

Chuck06R1 10-29-2019 03:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what I saw Sunday


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 21.43%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2019