2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

duck hunting Port o Connor

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  WWR 
#1 ·
Duck hunted with a good freind of mine on the 18 and 19 of Nov.First day out we shot 2 redheads and 2 pintails and one smilin mallard.We seen red fish all over the area tailing.We decided to bring back the rods for the evening hunt.We left ramp at 200p.m. and started fishing.We were sight casting to reds and what a blast! we caught reds untill we were tired of pulling them in.Also,managed one 18"flounder and one 16'' trout.Then it was back to duck hunting by 5:00 that afternoon.We just managed 2 redheads and one pintail but the fishing action made up for the slow duck hunting.I think i will wait for a few more northers to push more birds in before i go back.

#3 ·
I dont mean to rain on your parade, but whats up with hunting twice in a day? I realize you didnt limit out in the morning, but you still shot 3 pintails in one day between the two of you. I could see going out again to finish up a limit that you started in the morning, but not shooting two limits during a morning and evening hunt. If Im reading your post wrong, then I apologize in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.