2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

im so happy i wanted to share with every one

4K views 52 replies 39 participants last post by  haparks 
#1 ·
well ive hunted since bow season began--had have had a hard time finding deer--well today i got up at four and took all the precautions--decenting me and my cloths--drove 45 min to the lease and was settled in the stand by 5:40--at 8.00 i looked behind me like i always had when hearing the squirls--but this time a non shooter 8 point 20 yards --if the new law of 13 inches would not have been in affect and thinking what a hard time ive had this season --i would have shot him--thank goodness for the new law--never thought i would have said that---about an hour later my bladder is sceaming:cry: and i forgot my coke bottle so not wanting to leave the stand i commited a cardnal sin--yes out of the stand-- hoping the wind was in my favor--i guess it was--as i was relaxing afterwards-- thinking how much better i was feeling--arm proped up on the stand ---gun proped up long ways acrost the stand--kikin back enjoying the slight wind blowing the leaves off the trees in the early 40 fortys-- birds-- squirls--and i was looking down the pipe line--wow-- slow motion--a leaping deer--150 yards i see--horns-- head--neck--1/2 a body-- then its in the pipe linethen another leap--its in the middle of the pipe line-- i see horns with the naked eye---the big boy sticks his nose to the ground and im thinkin how much time i got i better-- GITTER DUN-- he is looking broadside right at me--so i grabed my gun--took it off safty--got a beed--pulled the trigger --looked up in time --to see him leap straight up --buckel-- and tear off--when he ran-- i thought--oh my--ive just lost my deer of a life time--so i commited another mistake--i thought well-- either it was a good shot and he is dead or ill jump him up--so i got out of the stand--went to where i thought he was and found a blood trail a dump truck could follow----the whole way was blood except every few yards it looked like some one took a bucket and just threw it-- i was so excited i was going to get my deer of a life time--the one ive dreamed about--i went 50 yards in the woods and saw the biggest deer i have ever gotten--11 point--12 point if i streach it and 13 if i flat out lie--lol--but it was so original--i found out it has a caracteristic called palmmeadow--which im unfamilar with--has a spot where a droptine broke off and has a slight hole--by now my adreanaline is slowing and my mind is starting to return--i think--my god im by my self and i gotta drag him back--i thought to my self--suck it up buddy--and gitter dun--so i slung my rifel over my shoulder--wrapped my hand in his rack and off i went--i made it to the pipe line huffin and puffin---rested----off again--20 to 30 yards between huffin and puffin and restin---so on and so forth--200 yards i did this--dam im not a kid any moresad3sm ---i left him there and got the truck--then i figured--wow how am i gonna get this big boy in the truck--so rope on rack--head on tail gate--tie off--rope on on back legs--upsy daisey--in truck with every thing i had:work: --as u can tell i will type for days-- i hope u enjoy the pictures this is the day that will go down im my record books---

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Good for you, I am happy for you man!! I had hunted for 5 years without shooting a buck, and I shot a 10 pt ten minutes into the season that year. I think with patience and perseverance it all pays off. I always try to bring a bottle but when I forget I ponder to either pee out of the blind, or get out and go 100 yards or so to pee.

Take care and good luck to you the rest of the season

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.