2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

This morning's hunt

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Stretch 
#1 ·
Just came in from the woods. It is a beautiful day today. One of the most still mornings yet here wind wise. Squirrels were out in force, and a few deer moving. I sat in my blind til about 7 then had to head to the bottom. I sat down on the side of a hill overlooking the creek bottom. I grunted a few times, it was quiet, you could hear even a soft grunt echo through the bottom.

About 15 minutes later I see a doe sneaking through the bottom right across the creek from me, she got within about 40 yds, I had grunted right before she came into sight and she was looking. She looked right at me and then acted like she wasn't concerned with me and went to browsing, she'd turn around and look behind her several times and then spin around and stomp. I don't know if she sensed me or what. She'd look behind her like something was there, I couldn't see anything from where I was. Finally she threw her tail up and snorted and ran a few yards, I'd grunt, she'd snort. This went on for a while. Then she left, it was cool.

I checked my game cam and found this dude on it, haven't seen him before, looks like he's got some potential, I hope he can hang on to his other side a little longer next year, he'd nearly be a twin to the 10pt I got last season.

My wife and son and I are going back this afternoon, hope they're moving.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.