2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Magnus Snuffer sharpening

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Chunky 
#1 ·
Bought a package of 125gr snuffers and am in the process of trying to sharpen them. The instructions say to use a 10" mill bastage file but I don't have a sharp one yet. Was wondering how others sharpen these heads. I will not hunt with them unless they are very very sharp.

#3 ·
That is one of the best sharpeners out there !!!

Lansky brand is sold at Academy...

John

#5 ·
File for setting up the edge, then switch to a stone made for fixed three blade heads. Fixed three blade heads are a pain to sharpen but they are deadly. If you have a fine file you may be able to get them sharp enough but I'm like you; I won't shoot them unless they are shaving sharp. I'll never forget the time I cut my shooting finger on a Bear razor head the night before opening morning. That sucker was sharp. Duh...

#8 ·
i shoot a lot of magnus broadheads and the TruAngle products are a must have i just use the
S-24 Files, and they work great, ,, i have tried the lansky style sharpeners, and they work , but are a pain to use in comparison to the TruAngle ,and i could never get the edge that i wanted with anything else,, here is a link and good hunting...Mike
http://www.3riversarchery.com/Thumb.asp?c=10&s=23&p=113

#10 ·
Mango
i have both, you will need the snuffer kit , the snuffer ,being a three blade , the angle is different ,on the block that the file are attached to , you will be pleased with the edge you get,
the S-24 is for a two blade,
the snuffer is a tough head but the older ones were fairly noisy in flight , i haven't shot any since Magnus took over the production, have you noticed any noise, it was wind noise through the vented blades. ....Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.