2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Fur trapping

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  baldhunter 
#1 ·
I have been trying to keep up with fur prices. It looks like they might be up a little this year. Does anybody know of a buyer in Texas ? South central Texas ? I might have to get the old traps out and cleaned and waxed.

#2 ·
If you know what a **** skin sells for please let me know, I made alot of money selling skins when in high school..I used to get twenty to thirty apeice for them and then they went down to about two dollars each and it was not worth the time nor even pay for gas to runt he trap line on the 3 wheeler.

Thanks
MrSailfish

#3 ·
I used to sale **** hides too. We could get an average of about $16.00 and $25.00 for a big one. That was easy money for a young teen (14 or so). My dad had a **** dog and he would let me take him by myself. I could get 5 or 6 on a good night.

I was rich :)

#5 ·
I found this link and it looks promising for this year.

http://www.nafa.ca/auction/results/nafa_2006-02-13_wild_usd.pdf

I used to sell them to a buyer that came to to an old store just west of Yoakum. Sold aprox 350 to 500 a year during the late 70's. I want to teach my grandson how to trap. Heck, even my wife wnats to go trapping again. She loved to walk down a sandy branch and never know what we were going to find around the next bend in a trap. Her Dad taught me how to trap. He was an expert. He once caught 3 Bobcats along a trail on the river in a string of 8 traps. He saw the tracks of the male and decided he would catch him. He was as surprised as us when we went to check them. Had a big male, a medium sized female and a yearling kitten. If I can find the pictures I will scan them in and post them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.