2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Ducks in Canada ????

926 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Smilin'Mallard 
#1 ·
who has hunted ducks and geese in either the manitoba or saskatechwan area of canada.......looking to make a trip up there in the coming year and need to know some outfitters that are proven allready.....any info would be appreciated........Thanks guys

#2 ·
Ducks and Geese in Canada

I moved from Saskatchewan in 1996 and hunted both, ducks and geese. We never used a guide and we were very successful. If I was going to hunt for these birds I would go to Saskatchewan and look at the Kindersley or Rosetown area. The area we targeted was near Macklin Sask, a small town called Catus Lake. I was lucky as I went to school with a guy that had a farm right on the lake. Great hunt.

The area I mentioned in the resting place for the north birds as they fly south.
If you can find a guide in that area.

You may look on the Provinical Website of Saskatchewan, under Department of Natural Resources...I think. There is a list of guides or they can point you in the right direction.

#3 ·
let me make you drool a little bit then. A buddy of mine , The Marshalls, and Pat p sent us these this morning from last night. He's in canada working for a while and he's gave his spot on our lease to Medulla762. we get all the cool pics to wish on. LOL He said they were on the river and he walked in on them within six feet and they just kept playing around. they are wild too. my brother is up north and say the ditches and pond are full of birds. like sparrows down here. Poor guy was whining because he's working up there, has no gun or castnet he said. LOL

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.