2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

East Texas Hunting?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  redduck 
#1 ·
Who all hunts in east texas? I hunt in Anderson cnty (12 miles ne of elkhart).
Just wondering. Maybe some of us could hook up and have lunch or visit each others camps while we are there.

#5 ·
Cherokee county, 10 +/- miles west of Rusk a little south of Highway 84. "I hear the train a comin', it's comin' 'round the bend", literally. I would say I am less than 1/4 from the tracks that the train runs on between Rusk and Palestine. You might think I'm strange (you wouldn't be the first, only or last one to think so) but it is way 2cool hearing that thing go by when I am in my stand!

#7 ·
Runs from Rusk to Palestine and back. Go to www.texasstaterailroad.com for more details. One of my co-workers took the ride recently and she liked it alot. I will someday but not during hunting season, perhaps next spring.

#9 ·
I should have mentioned this earlier, but you need to go to that website and sign the petition to keep it running, I did! Just for the record, I don't think they will shut it down. I know they were talking about it but I have it through a decent source that it won't happen anytime soon, hopefully! It's time that this state starts putting the money they get from us hunters and park goers back into these areas and not shuffle it around into areas they think need it! Why do you think our state parks are in trouble? The money is being routed somewhere else!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.