2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Anyone planning on going to the Pasadena Gun Show this weekend?

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Bobby Miller 
#1 ·
I expect to be there mid to late morning on Saturday,

#2 ·
Wish I could make that one with ya Jack, but the deer stand calls. FYI...the last time I went, when you couldn't make it I wasn't impressed. Very narrow aisles, crowded and didn't find anything that I couldn't live without.

Let us know what you find.

TH

#3 ·
Martin, yer right. Things have changed so drastically over the years. Do you remember when you could actually save money by buying a fire arm at a gun show. Prices are just about up to retail now and I have seen more than one example of a gunshow price being higher than the every day retail price at Carter's Country.

Trying to sell a gun the Pasadena show is a waste of time. No one there has any money and you can't get a fair price for your item. Still it's fun to go and cruise all the tables. Usually run into at least a few friends.

The main reason I want to go to this one is to re connect with my Glock armorer. He pulled up stakes and moved his business and left only a phone number. You dial that number and a lady answers. You mention his name and she slams the phone down in your ear. You call back and get the same thing. You call back again and ask her please not to hang up...SLAM! You call back a few days later, without blocking your phone number and get no answer. Don't really want to know what that's all about but I have Glocks in 4 calibers and I feel like I'm flyin' without a net here. Haven't ever need him but when I do I want to know how to find him.

My goal is to restrict my spending to the cost of admission. But I'm weak so we'll see. I'm counting heavily on the fact that I'm broke to help me be strong! LOL!

#6 ·
man...they got stuff at the show this time! Stupid won!

Lots of inexpensive handgun loads. 38/357 stuff started at <$8/50. I think I saw some for about $13/100. Your candy-*** auto-loader stuff was a lot cheaper.

I would like to try my 357 mag to ambush some deer inside 20 yards. Any thoughts on good loads for this??

#7 ·
Bobby Miller You said a mouthfull that time brother.

I told y'all I was week. But I know myself. I spent a little time in a dark closet this morning after Pam went to work. I can't do anything near the lotus position any more but I stood there with my thumbs touching my middle fingers and chanted for a while...prayin' fer strength.

I took exactly 17 bux in cash. That for my ticket in the door and maybe some eats shoud I get hungry. Met up with a pal and we just started walking the aisles. Made contact with my long lost Glock armorer and after that I felt I was done. I really wasn't there to BUY anything.

So, we get to the last row on the end there's a guy there selling all kinds of Glocks. I couldn't help but notice the G-36 there.

I tell myself as I squint my eyes closed, DON'T LOOK AT THE PRICE! But it was too late. $492.00. Unbelieveable!! That was a cash or Debit card price. It included 2 6 round mags with finger extensions. NO!! Wait, I only got a ten spot left...WHEW!. Oh, wait...I forgot to take the plastic out of my wallet! I check and sure enough there they all are shining up at me and whispering in my ear...Go for it Jackie boy. You only live once and yer gettin' old. Not much time left. Go on, Pam will understand. Could have been my imagination but I could have sworn that my debit card just kind of levitated until it was sticking up above all the other cards.

Of course there was the obligatory internal struggle. And of course Stupid won as Bobby Miller found out!

Well I feel safe from being a crime victim now but my love life and financial situation is sliding into the red.

I need y'all to go over to the Classified page and make me an offer on all my fishin' stuff. I ain't as tough right now as I was when I put up that add. I was SUPPOSED to wait until I had sold all that stuff to buy the gun.

OOooppps! :D

Here's a new group shot of the boys to include the new G-36

Here's a glamor shot of the new shooter, and it is a shooter, I mean it!

Course I had to take it to the range today. I was amazed. This is the gun I should have bought first! It is my new favorite!!

From 7 yards I put 3 through the dead center and 2 through the middle of the head. Too easy. I moved it back to 15 yards and finished up the last 45 rounds at that distance. I still pull a shot now and then but I was surprised at the handling and feel. I can't wait to take it back and run another box or two through it.

#10 ·
bountyhunter said:
We just got back and the wife has a new .380. Guess I need to get her to the range now. She didn't like the 38spl so it had to go, we will see if the .380 is more to her liking. Not a bad show, but it is like Throuthunter said, not as good as the were 5-10 years ago.
The thing that surprised me the most was there were actually some good prices on new guns. It has been years and years since you could really save money on the cost of a new gun by waiting for a show. Hopefully this will mark a swing in the pendulum back to the good old days.

The .380 is very loud and very snappy. If your wife didn't like the .38 I hope she will like the .380 but prepare yourself for complaints. Best of luck to y'all on that one! ;)

#11 ·
Walkin' Jack said:
The .380 is very loud and very snappy. If your wife didn't like the .38 I hope she will like the .380 but prepare yourself for complaints. Best of luck to y'all on that one! ;)
She didn't like the double action pull of the .38. She had a .380 years ago and loved it, so that is what she wanted again. Guess we will see when we hit the range, you never know until you shoot it or in this case until she shoots it.

She just finished breaking it down and cleaning it, which was a first. I generally do all the gun cleaning, but told her she needed to learn. Did get any complaints and she seemed to have fun breaking it down and putting it back together. So we are moving in the right direction.

#12 ·
my new baby was priced at $515 at Gander. got it for $433 at the show.

Got it from the guys from Clute. Owner was short-handed Sat morning. I think he accidentally hired a bunch of accountants to show the goods. They didn't have it going on.

There was a gentleman in the back, on the right that was pushing his old 25-20. I looked at the ballistics....really nice. I wish TC would revive that old round.

Everybody and his brother were selling 223s and 7.62 x stumpy psudo-military weapons. What a bunch of ****! I would be more worried about the enemy throwing one of those things at me than shooting me with it.

Cool guns:
16 ga side by side brand?
brand new O/U 12ga Savage, I think...really nice $500
Rem Mod 12 - wife thought it was stylin
pink Cricket - it was tot stupid...but you knew it was there
tiny 22 revolvers and autos
tiny, foldable 22 - you could carry 3 in each pocket
lever action .357's (wouldn't she think my tractor's sexy if my six shooter and my rifle took the same bullet?)

Cool stuff:
cheap bullets in every caliber
I found a guy to sharpen my gut hook
The guy who sold the purple stuff that cleans everything
50 cent refills on coke
no parking fee
no **&&%$^$$!! houston traffic
chicks who know more about guns and gun stuff than most dudes

BAd stuff:
I now know how to get to T's in TC
I don't get 32 auto

I had to remind my wife, "Guns are toys, not weapons...you dont use toys to hurt other people." Hey..it's my line and I'm stickin to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.