2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

East Texas Deer on Feeders?

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Slam 
#1 ·
Who else has piles of corn under their feeders? I have only been catching deer going and coming to the hardwoods. Wondering if this pattern is holding true everywhere else.

#3 ·
we are in N Louisiana about an hour east of Shreveport. Pretty much the same thing, we have a lot of white oak and our deer will walk through corn to get an acorn.

One of my friends has been using some type of "Rice something" and they have been eating it. Not exactly sure what it is

we have seen some really nice deer this season

#5 ·
What's weird is, at our place in Cherokee county, they have been hitting the feeders with frequency since mid-bow season. Mostly does though. We have many acorns in our hardwoods areas too. I have been able to call a few bucks into the feeder areas with a combination of my grunt call and my Primos doe-in-estrus bleat call. They just haven't fully committed to stepping completely out of the pine stands and into an open area. I have also been using trails end doe-in-estrus scent. Thanksgiving is my weekend, I can feel it! Taking a friend on his second ever deer hunt, he shot a spike last year. I hope to post pictures shortly thereafter.

#7 ·
Up at my place in Angelina they have been hitting one feeder really hard and hardly touching the other one.

The one they are hitting hard is in the hardwoods with many oaks and acorns. The one they are not touching much is mostly in small pines. Seems like the hogs perfer the one in the pines.

But who knows by now it has been a few days since I last checked, everything could have changed.

#10 ·
I hunt in Camp Co. I've had feeders going since Labor Day, I've never turned them on that soon. They've been eating the corn from them since the day after. I have half hardwood and half planted pine, they're cleaning them both out. I know it's deer getting a lot of it because I've got photos and videos of 4 different bucks and numerous does, plus just about every hunt I've seen them come to them. We've got a decent crop of acorns too this year. It suprised me, especially since it's been 2 years since I've used any corn.

I've talked to a few other guys that have corn growing under their feeders.

#15 ·
I am in Linden (Cass Co), and we have a lot of corn under the feeders....I actually cut the time back a bit to save a little. The deer are still coming by (according the the game cam pics) the feeders, but not eating much...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.