2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Feeder/ Blind Tie-Downs

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jtburf 
#1 ·
With the strong winds throughout most of the state today, I was wondering if any of you lost your feeders and/or blinds. If not, I'd love to know what type of system you're using to keep them tied down. Any info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I would say the easiest is the drive a tpost next to each leg and then wire the tpost to the feeder leg. This can be an issue if you have a place that has a lot of rocks. We do and in some instances we drilled a hole thru the leg and drove 2 foot piece of rebar thru it. Only issue is, if we need to take the feeder down for any reason it is a pain and not as simple as just unwiring the leg.

Attachments

#3 ·
I spent an hour pulling rebar out of dry ground a couple of weeks ago, then finally used the truck/rope to make life easier (we were moving the feeder)

My feeder has 4 legs, I drove t-posts near 2 legs and just tie-wired it.

My blind is 6x4 and 2' off of the ground, I drove a t-post at an angle in the front & back, put eye bolts thru the blind. I then wired the eye bolt to the t-post using wire and a turn buckle, cheap and easy.

It has worked so far but I can not make it back to the lease until Friday so hopefully all is well.

Hope this helps

#4 ·
I like t-post and strand wire with turnbuckles for our tower blinds. We don't have allot of trouble with the feeders falling over as we do with the blinds. --- knock on wood. Now all our feeders will be down!

The only feeder that fell over was one that was at the top of a hill.

#6 ·
Box blind always sat on the ground so no tie downs...

Tripod was 14' so I used a 4' Screw in tie down and a turn buckle...

Did not ever worry about feeder 55gal drum full of corn in a pen .....

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.