2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Reloader Case Trimmer in Katy area?

776 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Woodrow 
#1 ·
Anyone reload their own ammo in the West or Northwest Houston Area (Katy).

I shoot a 7.65 Argentine Mauser and have managed to loose a few cases to foul ups in the sizing die. I need a few cases trimmed but don't feel like ponying up the cash for a trimmer.

Anyone care to share a beer or two and knock about 20 cases down?

To be more specific, I can size a 7.65 case from a .30-06, then trim about .25" off.

#3 ·
Mako Mike said:
I shoot a 7.65 Argentine Mauser and have managed to loose a few cases to foul ups in the sizing die. I need a few cases trimmed but don't feel like ponying up the cash for a trimmer.
Wow... not many people out there that shoot that. I have one that was my grandfather's. Good shooting gun if you know it's ballistics or reload your own. I'll look around and see if I have any cases for you. I know that a box of Norma ammo for that or my 6.5 Jap is $$$.

Sorry I can't help you on the case trimmer.

#6 ·
270 Chamber ream?

I looked last night at a slew of equipment, from Grafs.com & midway Arms. I will more than likely just buy a case trimmer myself. I have 2X 270 Barrels (98 Mauser Large Ring) that I think I will replace the 7.65 and maybe my .30-06 (the -06 is a commercial Charles Daily Mauser w/ Double Trigger set.).

Not that I want to get rid of my .30-06, just that with the polymer stock it about takes my shoulder off. If I make them both the same, it will make reloading way easier. I could get everything I want for about $150. Then it is just a matter of reaming chambers. (anyone have a 270 winchester chamber ream?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.