2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Opening weekend

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Ag96 
#1 ·
Since I could not hunt opening weekend, my daughter claimed dibbs on my stand. I told her she could hunt it, but she would have to video everything she saw so I could see what she saw. She agreed, and followed through nicely. She did a good job documenting the bucks she saw. She only saw one buck with more than 8pts, a nice 9 pt with a double brow tine. He looks to be mature. I will also include a picture of a nice 8 that I videod the morning before I fell in Catarina, he would make a nice management buck, he looks 4.5 to me. This is what I think the ages are on the bucks in the pictures. The Catarina buck, 4.5. The biggest 8, 4.5-5.5. The white horned odd 8, 4.5. The narrow 8, 3.5. I really want to see him in person, at one point in the video he looked like he could be a over-the-hill buck. I will probably take the white horned odd 8, and leave the other two, and wait for a trophy. Our big deer do not start to move around until around Thanksgiving. This is in Edwards County. Sorry for the low quality pics, they are snapshots from the video camera.
BB

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.