2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Meat hunting

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Landcruiser 
#1 ·
A couple of friends and I are looking for a low price hunt for a day or two just to shoot something we can eat. Not looking for trophys, just meat and a good time. We are just south of Houston and don't want to spend all day on the road either. Any sugestions?

#6 ·
AddSalt said:
I'm just moved down here, what is an Axis and how big are they?
They are a non native species you can hunt them 365 days a year they are larger than a whitetail doe, meat is excellent,

there are also Axia Bucks, Fallow Bucks and Does, Black Bucks, Red Stag, Sika, ect....

John

#7 · (Edited)
If you've ever eaten venison in a restaraunt, you've probably eaten Axis. EXCELLENT table fare. Large reddish colored deer with white spots all over them.

I'm involved in a not-for-profit group that can get you on animals -whitetail, axis, blackbuck, hogs, fish - whatever you want. If you have kids, we sponsor several parent/child youth hunts and probably have a few openings for later this season. Either way, you'll have a great time and get some meat - and the proceeds go towards sending some kids to hunting and fishing adventure camp next summer. We refuse no kids based on ability to pay.

Go to the website in my profile for contact info. We are not sponsors of 2Cool - being a non-profit, we can't afford to do that, so if I am breaking any rules I apologize in advance.

#8 ·
Might want to PM pacontender on here. There's a real good deal on whitetail does and spikes for a nice price on the ranch he guides. Should be able to take as many does as you want within an hour of hunting. Lots of big bucks to look at as well.The ranch is MLD so you don't use license tags on taken deer. The ranch is about 70 miles south of San Antonio.
Might also consider PM Borderbandit on here, I believe he has some good doe hunts for a good price as well. If I'm right his ranch is west of San Antonio about 75-80 miles.
The $175 is a great deal for Axis doe, and I concur on the meat taste. That would be a great option as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.