2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Range Finders?

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  waterdog 
#1 ·
What's a good range finder for the $. What do yall use?

thanks

#5 ·
If I was to do it again I'd look at the Bushnell Elite, Nikon Premier or Monarch(?), and the new Leupolds...having said that, I have zero problems with my Leica and small objects wayyyy past my shooting range...it is more of a price thing.

The scan function is almost a must unless your bowhunting b/c it is so handy/useful.

#7 ·
Like Woodrow, I have the Leica 1200. DHL just delivered it today so I haven't used it in the field yet. From my research, the Leica 1200 isn't that much more expensive than the comparable Leupolds, Nikons or the Leica 900.

Woodrow said:
I've got a Leica 1200 Scan, but it's hard on the pocket book...I saved up a lot of Bass Pro points and used a coupon to be able to afford it.

What do you want it for?

#14 ·
I got a reading on a buck that was over 500 yards but it doesn't do well at long distance in poor lighting. The 800 and 1200 yard reading wasn't at a deer by the way, lol.

It impressed us HP; for the money it's all I need. I already have Leica binoculars. ;)

TH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.