2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Need help with a nice cat

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  jag11741 
#1 ·
Well I will start out saying that I really wanted a bobcat mount for my wall...so I started looking for a nice one to mount...and this weekend one walked out for closer inspection...so I took it...Well the problem is after shooting the cat I found out that it costs about $500 to get it mounted like I wanted....Well if you guys remember earlier this year My son was picked to go on an exotic hunt and got to shoot a Texas Dall...He got one and the animal is at the taxidermy now.... total cost...$433...so Momma was not about to let me spend the money to get the cat mounted...now the problem is I have a beautiful cat with nothing to with it

Is there anybody that would like to have the cat for a mount

I know that there are a few that will say that I should have found out the price before shooting an animal..And I agree...I dont like to shoot nothing for just the sport...I normally eat what I shoot....

here are a few pics
the animal is a female about 20 lbs.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
This is the way to go my friend!
InfamousJ said:
Freeze It And Do It When You Save Up Some Money...

#8 ·
Maybe I can help

I'd be happy to work with a fellow 2cooler on a payment plan or swap for hunting or fishing or other creative ideas you may have. Send me a PM with some thoughts. That's just too pretty of a well spotted cat to not mount. I'd like to work with you I we can.

James
Superior Taxidermy

Reactions: InfamousJ
#9 ·
I agree...

Freeze it and when you have the money get it mounted. Isn't Christmas right around the corner. Do a little sweet talking to your wife and convince her that is what you really want for Christmas.

Good luck and Great looking cat,

Drifter :texasflag

InfamousJ said:
Freeze It And Do It When You Save Up Some Money...

#10 ·
Freezing instructions

Put that cat on some butcher paper in the freezer or cooler until well chilled or simi-frozen. Bag it in a couple of trash bags with as much air as you can get out of the bags. Bobcat ears freezer burn real easy. When you skin freezer burned bobcat ears many times the little tufts of hair on the tips of the ears fall out.

James

#12 ·
Rug

I had a friend do a rug mount for about $400. But the other day I was in Schulenberg at Willie Jo's Deer processing (great place by the way) and saw a sign for taxidermy in the area that said he'd do rugs for "small game animals" for $100.

Seemed very cheap and you might get what you pay for but it'd be worth a phone call or two and maybe a stop to see some of his $100 work. If you called Willie Joe's I'm sure he could get you the number of the guy.

I wanta bobcat and I want to turn him into a rug! When I get my cat I'll be calling this guy.

Good luck!

#19 ·
Drifter said:
Do a little sweet talking to your wife and convince her that
Drifter :texasflag
You might need to convince her it will look good in your house first!

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.