2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

T-4 days and counting and a report...

656 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  parkman14 
#1 ·
Well four more days and I am back in S. Texas to hunt some deer. I can't wait b/c they just put up a stand in an area that hasn't been hunted and the closest stands are at least a half mile away. I also got a report on the two youth hunts on the Getaway for the last two weekends. The hunt two weekends ago. They were able to harvest 15 deer during the full moon and there were more deer hunting that weekend than this past weekend. They also got 11 deer this past week with 2 8pts culls being harvested. The first bucks to ne harvested by a youth hunter or one of the chaparones. The first one was shot by one of the girls who was hunting with my dad. The buck ran about 200 yards with no blood trail with a perfect shot through the shoulders. The chaparon, Chenault, finally got him a deer after about 4 years of coming down and from what I hear he was ecstatic. We still have forty does and spikes to go to meet our quota set by the biologist. Plan on taking a few out myself. I will only hunt till wednesday and then I am going back to Jackson Co. To hang out with friends and doing some bowhunting for the hogs and to go with dogs for a night or two. I am also gonna have to go to the a couple fo dances b/c there are no dancehalls here in arizona which sucks. Good luck to everybody during the Holidays and hope yall get yalls deer.
Cody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.